The Christmas of a Lifetime: Part 7

Summary: When Christmastime comes around at the compound along with Secret Santa, Natasha, Yelena, Kate, Carol, and Darcy find themselves in the middle of many holiday festivities with many old friends and even a new one or two.

   "Gosh, I wish Steve could be here to come with us. If he wouldn't had that mission pop up," Carol trailed off, repositioning in her seat as she leaned in toward the rest of them.

Carol, Natasha, Yelena, Kate, and Darcy were all seated in Broadway Theatre, waiting for their show to start. They had gotten tickets for Rogers: The Musical since several of them had been dying for a chance to see it.

It was mostly Yelena that was excited, but Kate had been eager to see it after Clint's many complaints that he had about it any time that the subject was brought up. Carol had also been interested because she was curious to see how inaccurately they portrayed Natasha and Steve. Darcy was largely indifferent but did not mind a good show, and Natasha was the only one that was not really looking forward to it.

Natasha was uncomfortable with the actress playing her, Of course, she was overall simply uncomfortable with the thought of someone pretending to be her largely because she did not entirely understand why anyone would want to be.

In response to Carol's statement, Kate looked at her strangely from where she was sitting next to Darcy, nodding slowly as she narrowed her eyes just barely. She then looked to the side at the crowd that was gathering.

"Yeah... Steve. Probably best he didn't come," Kate trailed off. Darcy instantly started sweating bullets, remembering well the events of earlier that day and knowing what Kate was thinking about at that moment.

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish, shut up, Kate," Darcy singsonged under her breath, trying to subtly bring a soft distraction as she prayed that Kate kept her mouth shut about the whole Steve incident.

"Are you high? Or have you officially disconnected from reality?" Yelena suddenly questioned, interrupting her quickly as she caught Darcy's words and gaped at her. Darcy just rolled her eyes heavily, completely unimpressed.

"It's Dr. Seuss," Darcy informed her, deadpanning.

"Who?" Yelena questioned, utterly confused as she stared at her.

"Seuss. Only like... One of the most renowned authors for children ever?" Darcy pointed out, and Yelena looked at her like she was crazy.

"Honestly, I prefer Shakespeare, D. To be or not to be, after all," Kate acknowledged with a small grin, and Darcy subtly let out a gentle breath, calmness settling within her as she realized that the Kate situation was clear for at least a moment.

"What did you just call her?" Yelena asked, suddenly extremely interested. Darcy instantly was dreading was evil scheme that Darcy had come up with now.

"D?" Kate ventured hesitantly, not sure where Yelena was going to go with this. Knowing her, it was probably not going to be good.

"Is that short for DA?" Yelena smugly asked finally, and Darcy looked at her, her eyes half-lidded as she regarded her.

"No, it's short for Darcy, you DA," Darcy retorted, and Yelena started to say something in reply, but the show suddenly was starting, and Yelena stopped as Natasha whispered to her to get her to settle down. She begrudgingly quieted, and they all started to watch.

They watched the entire thing relatively peacefully with Yelena getting super excited at Natasha's parts and poking her, and Natasha stiffening as she hated every last moment of it. Carol laughed quite a bit throughout, and Darcy could not help but mentally critique the guy that was trying to be Thor. He was so totally off and not nearly as handsome as the man that she knew he was.