The Vacation of a Lifetime: Part 3

Summary: Natasha, Yelena, Kate, Carol, and Darcy find a plethora of adventures and mischief to get into on the beach in the aftermath of their messy disaster of a road trip. As they learn more about each other throughout these hijinks, they slowly all get closer.

A continuation of "The Road Trip of a Lifetime."

   "Hey... Tasha?" Kate tentatively questioned, and Natasha looked up at her from where she was relaxing there underneath her umbrella. Yelena was lying not too far from her on the sand, somehow having managed to fall asleep. Natasha figured that it was likely because Natasha was laying just beside her and watching over her, so she felt safe to go to sleep.

Carol and Darcy were over near the shoreline, dipping their toes into the water as they conversed, but as they happened to overhear Kate speak up with her voice in such a strange tone, they turned, paying more attention to the conversation going on behind them.

Kate glanced nervously at Yelena before moving closer to Natasha. Darcy and Carol left the shoreline to come over and try to overhear what was being said.

"Do you think it would trigger her if we buried her entire lower body in the sand, pinning her legs?" Kate questioned, looking over at Yelena where she was peacefully sleeping in the sunlight with an arm thrown over her eyes and earbuds in her ears that were doubtlessly playing that strange, individualistic taste that was so quintessentially Yelena.

Natasha paused for a moment, gauging Kate's question as she offered Yelena a brief onceover. It warmed her heart that Kate had the forethought to ask about triggering Yelena first. It was one of the many things that endeared the girl to Natasha and made her yet another little sister figure to her. Her empathy was one of the most beautiful parts of her.

She finally just grinned a little, shaking her head. She figured that Yelena would likely be fine with only her legs pinned. It was her arms, pinning the full body, or holding her down from behind that triggered her.

"No. But she's definitely going to kill you afterward," Natasha chuckled warmly, and Carol knelt down next to them as Darcy bent down a little, the both of them attempting to join the conversation.

"What's cookin', cowgirls?" Carol questioned quietly, looking between Kate and Natasha curiously. Darcy followed her gaze, and Kate just grinned widely and mischievously.

"We're going to cover Yelena's entire lower body in the sand to pin her down, so she has to dig herself out," Kate softly informed her far too gleefully, and Natasha could not help but roll her eyes a little at the younger girl. Carol's eyes lit up immediately with the idea, and she grinned positively wickedly.

"Oh, and we could put wet sand on her to keep her from getting up as easily. It'd take longer and be harder to get out of," Darcy pointed out, and Kate as well as Carol were immediately entirely on-board.

"Let's do it," Carol excitedly declared, shooting Yelena one last glance. She then grabbed a nearby bucket they had brought to the beach and flew over to the ocean to scoop up water and throw it on to the sand some distance away from Yelena.

Soon enough, they had enough wet sand to work with, and they set to covering her lower body as delicately as possible to keep from waking her up. They very carefully and slowly started packing the sand onto her, trying to keep from waking her up.

"You better be careful doing that. She's not a deep sleeper," Natasha pointed out. Of course, she did not mention the fact that Yelena was always a deep sleeper only when she was around Natasha since she felt safe with her, but she was not sure how far that sentiment would go when tons of sets of hands were touching Yelena.