Scars to Your Beautiful

Summary: Carol comes to join Natasha and Yelena for a training session. While this is normal, the thing that is the very opposite of normal is when Yelena catches sight of a particularly nasty scar on Carol's back that does not quite look like a battle scar. Since Carol does not scar anymore, it means that she got this one from something that happened in her past before becoming Captain Marvel. So they both set out to find out the truth, and when they do, it breaks their hearts.

   "Dang, it's hotter than a goat's rear end in a pepper patch," Carol declared as she strode into the gym with a bit of a smirk, an effortless confidence and humor oozing from her as she entered.

Natasha and Yelena looked at her as she came in, the woman standing there in her loose tank top as it hung around her frame. She had doubtlessly stolen a large tank top from Steve, and it hung low around her back as well as in the neckline. It also dipped underneath her armpits far enough to expose the skin just below the bottom of her sports bra.

It was appropriate attire. They were about to begin training in the gym together, and Carol was going to spend some time working without her powers to aid her entirely, so she was likely going to get hot. She also probably needed more room to move.

"A goat's rear end in a pepper patch?" Natasha questioned skeptically. Carol raised her hands in defense, a good-natured air about her.

"Look, Kate introduced the phrase to me. It's from her... clock app thingy," Carol explained, and Yelena just squinted at her, confusion evident in her gaze as she eyed her.

"You mean TikTok?" Yelena asked tentatively, and Carol nodded cheerily, pointing at her.

"Yeah, that's the one!" Carol happily replied, and Yelena rolled her eyes. However, she quickly paused to take in Carol's clothing. Natasha glanced at her, immediately knowing that Yelena was about to start something with Carol. She was getting that mischievous twinkle in her eyes that she got when she was excited to tease someone, particularly Natasha, Peter, or Carol but sometimes even Kate.

"You know, Boomer, even though it is extremely hard to believe, they do make clothes that will fit over your oversized head," Yelena declared, gesturing at Carol's current attire. Carol smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"Aww ... But then I'd miss the fun of getting to show off in my main squeeze's clothes. It's kind of like showing our relationship off," Carol pointed out, and Yelena wrinkled her nose in disgust, thoroughly unimpressed with Carol's acknowledgement of her romance with Steve.

"I did not come here to hear you gush and get all googly-eyed over you and your nasty boy toy," Yelena declared, and Carol tilted her head mischievously. Natasha could easily see that the woman was up to something, and she watched the exchange carefully, curious about what would transpire next.

"Oh, yeah? Well, I hear it's all thanks to you that we got together!" Carol pointed out, and Yelena's eyes went wide in horror.

Natasha could not help but laugh, remembering that Yelena had been picking on Steve about crushing on Carol when they had found out that he really did like her like that. As a direct result of that, they encouraged him to admit it to Carol, and that was how they were together today. So technically, Yelena did sort of get them together despite how accidental it was.

"No!" Yelena petulantly declared, trying to sound as stern and serious as possible. However, Carol just grinned even wider, walking closer as she approached Yelena. Yelena eyed her distrustfully.

"Oh, don't be modest, Yelena! You deserve a big hug for all your hard work!" Carol laughed as she grabbed the girl more tightly, snatching her in a gentle yet firm headlock as she restricted the shorter blonde's movements.