Never Forget You

Summary: In the aftermath of the sensory deprivation torture Natasha endured on that fateful mission not too long ago, Natasha has started taking pictures of Yelena constantly, and it slowly starts to get under Yelena's skin. However, when she finally snaps, feeling like the entire thing is some manner of practical joke in the making, Yelena figures out precisely why Natasha is taking all these photos. This one takes place directly after "Safe and Sound."

   "Wh—"

Yelena paused in the middle of eating her macaroni and cheese lunch as she noticed Natasha holding up her phone for what seemed like the millionth time this week. Natasha was doubtlessly taking yet another picture of her, and Yelena was honestly beginning to get somewhat tired of this.

Ever since she had managed to regain her ability to speak, Natasha had been especially strange in the way of taking tons and tons of oddball, random pictures of Natasha. Natasha had also been extremely clingy, and while that was something that Yelena relished and knew how to handle, she was not sure what to do when Natasha's own personal, smartphone-styled spotlight was turned onto her.

The first several times, she did not mind it so badly, but she was beginning to wonder what in the world that Natasha was doing or why she would need that many pictures of Yelena.

"Is there a reason that you need a picture of me eating macaroni?" Yelena questioned uncertainly, swallowing her large bite that she had taken off her fork. Natasha immediately got an unreadable look on her face, and she looked strangely secretive.

Natasha shrugged, looking down at her phone before gazing back up at Yelena.

"No reason. You just looked cute," Natasha told her quietly before scrolling on her phone.

Yelena offered her a short onceover before licking her lips of the cheese that had been coating them. She always had a tendency to make a huge mess when she was eating macaroni and cheese. Of course, truthfully, she had a propensity to make a mess whenever she ate anything at all.

Which meant that Natasha had just gotten a picture of her with her face covered in melted cheese. Yelena uncomfortably glanced over at Natasha with her phone, and the redhead did not look up. She could not help but wonder how many awkward or embarrassing pictures that Natasha had gotten of her that she did not know about so far.

"I am not cute. I am threatening," Yelena replied, and Natasha smiled gently at her as she took a napkin from the table and wiped Yelena's cheek softly where she had missed a bit of cheese. Natasha's eyes were glowing with love, and Yelena felt a lot of her trepidation and her unhappiness about the picture-taking melting away in favor of her adoration for her big sister.

"Sure, squishy," Natasha told her just as sweetly and patronizingly as she possibly could, and Yelena let out a noise of pure displeasure.

"Don't call me that," Yelena whined, and Natasha huffed softly, her grin growing larger as she eyed Yelena.

"Okay, detka," Natasha assured her, kissing Yelena's temple gently, and Yelena melted into her affections.

Well... she was going to give her the benefit of the doubt for now. Despite the fact that her patience was running thin, and she was getting the worst suspicion that Natasha had something less than wholesome planned for those pictures.

After all, Yelena knew her sister too well. Natasha was likely planning something mischievous to get Yelena back for all of the things she had done to her in the past.

.....................................................................................................................

But her patience was almost entirely run out when Natasha took a picture of her when she was very angrily nursing her bruised cheek after she and Kate had been sparring with Natasha's guidance.