Fangirls Unite

Summary: When Carol comes back to Earth for one of her visits, she is heading out of the bathroom when she runs into a very over-enthusiastic fangirl known as Kamala Khan. Turns out, Kamala's there with her friend Nakia for a tour led by Kate as a result of an Avengers raffle. However, Carol quickly realizes that there's more than meets the eye with this kid, and she is determined to figure it out.

   "Umm.... Hi? Can I help you?" Carol questioned kindly, looking from side to side somewhat awkwardly before offering the kid that was suddenly before her a brief onceover.

Carol had arrived at the compound earlier that day, and after going on a marathon of drinking all of the sweet tea that she could find at the compound, she had naturally had the urge to go to the bathroom.

Carol had just now gotten out of the bathroom, and to her utter shock, when she had opened the door, she had found a girl that was definitely not supposed to be there at the compound. It was the last thing that she had expected to walk out of the bathroom and find, but she was doing her best to handle it as calmly as she could, resisting her immediate urge to be wary since she had dealt with her fair share of shapeshifters and whatnot.

Also, there was something strange about the kid. It seemed almost like some manner of power radiating off of her, and Carol could not quite put her finger on it. But she figured that it was just a girl and nothing really to be worried about. She was likely on edge a little since she had just come back from a rather grueling mission on another planet.

The kid just gaped at her, her brown eyes huge as she just stared at Carol, her mouth hanging open as she remained dead silent. Carol took in a breath, nodding slowly.

"You lost?" Carol tried again, hoping to get some answer from the kid. She knew kids from schools came to tour the compound, and she was wondering if maybe this one had gotten separated from her group. She looked like she was in her teens, and it would make sense that she was on a field trip.

The kid just gaped at her silently for a long moment before speaking up just barely in something between a squeak and a whisper.

"You're... You're Carol Danvers... The Carol Danvers," the kid finally breathed out, and Carol smiled somewhat awkwardly before chuckling just a bit.

"Yep... That's me," Carol swallowed a little, not sure how to handle this. She had not really ever gotten that many fans since she was not on Earth as much as the rest of the Avengers, but now that she had managed to start assembling heroes on so many other planets, she had a lot more time to spend there on Earth with the others.

"If you're here on a field trip or something... I can help you find your group if you want. Unless the bathroom is your next stop on your tour?" Carol risked joking a little, shifting somewhat away from the bathroom as she felt increasingly uncomfortable by the girl's staring.

"Oh, my gosh, I must look like such a weirdo to you!" the younger girl suddenly freaked out as she seemed to get her bearings about her and get past some of the star-struck emotions overcoming her.

"Don't worry, kid, it's alright. Definitely not even in the top ten for the weirdest encounters I've had," Carol chuckled kindly, starting to walk away from the bathroom as she tilted her head to indicate for the kid to follow her. She had never said whether she was on a field trip or not, but she figured that they could walk around and when she spotted a group of wandering kids and a teacher, she could drop her off there.

"Oh... Good... I'm so glad, Carol... Wait, sorry, I meant Ms. Danvers! Or would you prefer Captain Marvel?" the kid tried to get it right. Carol just grinned in spite of herself, the kid endearing despite how strange she was.