Got Your Back

Summary: When Carol comes to pay Yelena a visit at Yelena and Natasha's house, she notices that there is a terrible chemical smell outside, and it turns out that a factory nearby their house is illegally dumping out chemicals. However, when Yelena reacts rather strongly to the irritants, Carol has to act fast and help Yelena before it is too late.

   "Hey, Yelena! You home?" Carol called from where she was standing on Natasha and Yelena's doorstep.

She had been at the compound, and when she realized that Natasha was there without Yelena, she figured that it would be an awesome opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with her favorite little buddy that was always so vicious with her.

As much as Yelena liked to be hardened and even sometimes malicious when she was around Carol, Carol knew that the shorter blonde was fond of her. Honestly, Carol was fond of her also, and they had developed a strange friendship that was developed on a similar sense of humor and a mutual respect for one another.

As Carol stood there before the door, she coughed lightly, taking in the smell that seemed to be permeating this area. It was terrible, and it smelled horridly of chemicals.

Just as she was about to lift her hand to the door to knock once more, the door suddenly swung open to reveal Yelena standing there before her. Carol grinned winningly.

"Whassup?" Carol questioned with a playful waggle of her eyebrows, and Yelena looked at her for a moment before rolling her eyes.

"Privet, Boomer," Yelena greeted, and Carol chuckled as Yelena moved away to allow Carol to let herself in.

"Don't know what Privet means, but I'm going to assume it's not screw you in Russian," Carol cheerily told her, and Yelena just scoffed lightly.

"It means hello," Yelena answered swiftly and somewhat sassily, and Carol nodded, understanding in her tone as she hummed in reply. She passed through the doorway after Yelena carefully before speaking up once again.

"Hey, also, what's the stink in your neighborhood? I noticed it when I was flying over, and it's... Well, let's just say it's some powerful stuff," Carol explained, wrinkling her nose as she caught a whiff of the scent again. Carol shut the door behind her carefully before following her in, pleased that the strength of the odor seemed to decrease a little with the shutting of the door.

"The stupid factory up the road is pouring chemicals," Yelena informed her, and Carol paused swiftly, raising an eyebrow as she eyed the back of Yelena's head.

"Isn't that illegal?" Carol questioned, quick on the uptake, and Yelena shrugged before Carol.

"Probably," she responded somewhat shortly, and Carol furrowed her brow as she realized that Yelena almost seemed to be a little out of breath. However, she did not say anything, not knowing what the problem was but figuring that it was likely nothing.

"I just figured I'd pop in and check on you. Maybe have a little visit. Nat's up at the compound without you and I thought that you'd probably be just dying for some company," Carol informed her, teasing her favorite little buddy, and Yelena just shot her a look, rolling her eyes a little.

"She told me to stay," Yelena answered, and Carol furrowed her brow a little with confusion.

"Huh... That's weird for her. I thought you guys were always attached at the hip," Carol joked lightheartedly, and Yelena shrugged just barely, heading over to the couch.

"Yep," Yelena replied, and Carol honestly thought that there was more to that story than met the eye, but she did not push it.

However, before she could even think more about the entire thing, she spotted Fanny trotting over to her quickly.