Sleepy Squishy

Summary: When the Avengers have a movie night, Tony picks a horror film for all of them to watch together. However, Yelena is exhausted and as Natasha realizes how sleepy she is and how obnoxious the gang is, she comes to the conclusion that she is going to have to take her sister somewhere more peaceful to sleep. A companion piece to "Do Not Disturb."

   "Man, oh, man... This was a good pick," Sam commented, complimenting Tony on his choice of movies, and Tony just raised an eyebrow in that typically cocky manner as he raised up just enough to better lock eyes with the man.

"Of course it was. When it's me, expect greatness, Wilson," Tony replied, and Sam rolled his eyes, Tony's undying narcissism irritating him a little.

"I was just trying to give you a compliment," Sam grumbled, completely unimpressed with Tony's response.

"Don't worry, the effort was noted and appreciated. Just needed better execution," Tony explained, and Sam narrowed his eyes.

"How?" Sam questioned incredulously, and Tony shrugged, leaned back into the couch deeply as he looked over at him.

"I don't know, maybe don't sound so shocked next time?" Tony pointed out as if it were completely obvious, and Sam rolled his eyes, redirecting his attention to the television screen as he passed his popcorn bowl to Steve. Steve just remained dead silent, his eyes locked on the movie in horror.

"Look, would you two stop? Some of us are actually trying to watch the movie," Clint spoke up, and Kate jumped a little at what popped up on the screen next, moving from Natasha to Clint, grabbing his arm and wrapping both of hers around it as she sought some manner of protection and comfort. Clint sighed but did not pull away, allowing her to cling to her heart's content.

Natasha huffed in response to the boys before suddenly realizing that Yelena had rested her head yet again on her chest, heavy breaths falling against her skin. Natasha chuckled warmly, nuzzling Yelena's head.

"Baby girl... Are you tired?" Natasha whispered to her softly so that it would not embarrass her baby sister with everyone else overhearing.

Yelena nuzzled her nose against Natasha's chest just beneath her collarbone softly, allowing a sleepy hum in affirmation. Natasha bent down, kissing Yelena's cheek just below her eye before raising her head to look at everyone around them.

That night, they had all decided to watch a horror movie, and so far, all it had been was a huge circus of activity.

Sam was being unnecessarily loud and obnoxious, and Kate was alternating between squeezing as firmly as she could against Natasha and grabbing Clint's arm at every single scary part. Steve was jumping a little here and there and he would let out weird cries whenever the movie hit its scariest points. Peter would scream like a little girl, and Tony would just flinch ever so slightly before loudly talking and trying to say something to Sam and contributing to the entire uproar.

Ultimately, it made for a terrible environment for Yelena to sleep or even try to sleep, and every time that they would start up with more drama, noise, or crazy movements, it disturbed Yelena and kept her from being able to actually lose consciousness.

Earlier that day, Yelena had hit the pool in the blazing heat, and as a direct result, she had not really been feeling on top of things, and she had been feeling much more tired than usual. Unfortunately, it had been the day of their chosen movie night. Despite the fact that Natasha had offered, Yelena had turned down going home and sleeping to stay there and watch the movie, insisting she would remain awake even though she did not particularly feel like being there or watching a movie in the first place.