Heart Attack

Summary: Natasha and Kate go on a mission together, leaving Yelena at home positively fuming. When Natasha gets hurt on said mission, Kate helps keep her safe and gets help. However, Yelena does not react well to the fact that her big sister was injured in the first place.

   "Here, I'll go left, and you go right. We'll flank him and you take point from there," Natasha whispered from where she and Kate were currently taking cover behind a pillar.

The both of them were currently on a mission together, much to Yelena's displeasure at home, and Natasha had elected to bring Kate along with her because she wanted to give the girl a chance to utilize her training that she had gotten from Natasha and Clint. The both of them were essentially attempting to keep Hydra from infiltrating a congressional building.

Hydra was trying to interrupt officials while they were making an important governmental decision that was meant to be kept extremely secretive. If Hydra had their way, they would stop the decision from being made.

"Got you," Kate nodded to her, whispering in return, and the both of them crept up behind the guy. Natasha did not give her a single cue, so Kate had to make the decision on when it was best to take him down.

Before long, she made her call, and she grabbed him, silently taking him out. She felt Natasha's gaze on her, the redhead not giving her any advice on what to do as she awaited Kate's verdict. Kate, remembering the many memos that she had to read over from Steve's punishments that he doled out to her, Yelena, and Peter for their antics, quickly grabbed the man and pulled him to the side, hiding him behind another pillar.

Kate looked back at Natasha for approval, and she nodded to her.

"Good," Natasha emphasized the word heavily, and Kate immediately felt as if she had climbed Mount Everest with the pride that was swelling within her at Natasha's praise.

She quickly returned to Natasha's side, the both of them continuing along the perimeter of the place as they remained scouring for Hydra agents. They had brought contact lenses that utilized FRIDAY's technology to automatically scan men within ten yards of them, and so they were able to spot the agents before they caused any trouble.

So far, it had gone rather well, even if Kate did say so herself.

However, as she had this thought, it almost instantaneously went downhill as two shots rang out. Kate jumped as soon as they did, and to her utter and complete horror, Natasha collapsed heavily to the ground next to her. Kate's eyes went wide and she almost screamed as the strangled noise rose within her throat.

"Natasha," Kate squeaked painedly. She was moments away from dropping to her knees next to Natasha, but she quickly remembered her training.

In the midst of tears that were welling in her eyes, she swiftly grabbed her bow, a new retractable one that Clint had gifted to her not too long ago, and she utilized FRIDAY's technology to spot the snipers. Once she had spotted them, she swiftly and efficiently took them out.

Kate then immediately turned back to Natasha.

"Tasha, Tasha, are you okay?!" Kate demanded, and Natasha nodded just barely, already looking much paler as she looked at the girl. There were two bullet holes that Kate could see, and it appeared that one had hit Natasha's upper leg and the other had hit her in the gut.

However, before Kate could assess the wound, Natasha raised her hand up from her wound to touch Kate's cheek just barely, and blood immediately smeared across Kate's somewhat sweaty, light skin. Kate took her hand as she shook like a leaf, pushing it against her face more firmly as she gaped at Natasha in a panic.