A First Time for Everything: Part 3

Summary: It is finally time. Kate is having the mission to beat all missions-- the one that will determine whether she is ready to become an actual Avenger. However, when comms to the compound go out and enemies manage to get the drop on her, things go awry quickly. It is up to Natasha, Yelena, and Clint with the help of Darcy to find her as they take on the last person that anyone expected to have to face again.

   "Oh, joy... To what do I owe this pleasure?" Eleanor asked as she stood up from where she was seated on the bed that they had made for her. She was in solitary confinement but since suicidal tendencies were not among the reasons that she was there and it was simply an issue of safety, she had been allowed the basic things that most prisoners had but with simply more security. A bed was one of these things.

"We need to talk to you," Natasha spoke up as Clint slid the door closed behind him carefully.

Since the card directed them to Eleanor, they headed straight to the source. They had entered the prison, informing guards that this was official Avenger business, and they had sent Yelena to supervise things in the surveillance room while they worked things from within Eleanor's cell.

"Of course you do... Well, fortunately for you, my schedule is wide open thanks to Mr. Barton here and my wonderful daughter," Eleanor pointed out, sarcasm dripping from her words as she looked at them.

"Kate's been taken," Clint told her, not bothering waiting any longer as he looked at Eleanor, waiting for her reaction.

She instantly looked surprised and borderline stricken as she just gaped at him. She looked down, her jaw slackening as she tried to make sense of it all. Clint and Natasha just watched her silently and with a lack of emotion as they waited for her to respond.

Her mouth moved, forming a few different words, but no sound came out to articulate them. She finally looked at the both of them, somewhere between seeming utterly and greatly pained and looking accusatorily at the both of them.

"My baby girl is... kidnapped? How did this happen?!" Eleanor demanded, and Natasha just eyed her levelly, not saying anything as she regarded her with perfect indifference despite the storm raging within her. She was not going to allow herself to show all of her cards just yet.

"Her first solo mission before becoming an official Avenger," Natasha declared calmly.

"She had her first solo mission?" Eleanor asked, going paler, and Natasha squinted just barely, taking it in as she tried to evaluate the woman. Eleanor backed away as she slowly sat back down on the bed nearby, horror and terror written in her every feature.

Eleanor seemed genuinely distraught about all of this, and she was honestly not sure if she believed it or not. Eleanor was a difficult, manipulative woman, but Natasha did know that Eleanor would never have harm intentionally come to her child. That was the only thing that kept her questioning whether she would actually have Kate taken.

"I take it she didn't tell you?" Clint asked, looking at her calmly as he moved to lean against the wall.

Eleanor shook her head, her mouth still hanging open as her gunmetal blues shifted between the two of them in utter horror and disbelief. Those gunmetal blues that were so similar to that of Kate's.

"My baby... Who did this? Why... Why are you here instead of out there looking for her?" Eleanor asked, her voice shaking a bit as the fear seemed prevalent in her every syllable.

Clint glanced at Natasha, meeting her eyes in the wordless question of whether or not to show a bit more of their hand in this game of push and pull. Natasha imperceptibly nodded to him, the motion more of a blink than an actual movement of the head as she gave him permission. Clint then proceeded.