A First Time for Everything: Part 11

Summary: It is finally time. Kate is having the mission to beat all missions-- the one that will determine whether she is ready to become an actual Avenger. However, when comms to the compound go out and enemies manage to get the drop on her, things go awry quickly. It is up to Natasha, Yelena, and Clint with the help of Darcy to find her as they take on the last person that anyone expected to have to face again.

   "Are you in position?" Natasha asked, a little out of breath as she checked in with Clint.

"Oh, wow... That was fun," Yelena declared, and Natasha largely ignored the comment despite finding herself silently agreeing with it. It felt good to take out some of the stress and anger on men who more than deserved it.

They had just run around the building and took out a ton of goons that they had seen around the warehouse. Natasha had come to the conclusion that Kate almost had to be here due to the high security measures taken.

They had actually stopped at one warehouse before they had gotten there, and it had been almost completely deserted. It had been on the road there, and they stopped momentarily just to make sure there were no signs of life, and now, Natasha found herself regretting the time lost.

"Got it. No visuals on anything yet, though. I see some activity, but it's hard to tell what. It's too dark," Clint told her, and Natasha let out a soft breath, looking around them as she took in the sight of one of the bodies that she and Yelena had left behind barely concealed around a nearby car. Natasha let out a breath before eying the door.

"Okay. About to head in and find out for myself," Natasha answered.

"Don't worry, I'll do my best to have you covered. I didn't bring night vision, but I have my ways," Clint told her, and Natasha hummed in acknowledgement, knowing he likely meant utilizing smoke bomb arrows. Natasha shook her head, preparing herself as she felt the rage moving through her veins with every pump of her heartbeat.

"See you in a minute," Natasha told him, and Clint made some noise of unhappiness into the commlink.

"I wish you wouldn't say crap like that," Clint stated tiredly, and Natasha just huffed lightly before looking at Yelena momentarily, feeling her hand on her shoulder.

Yelena stared at her for a long moment, and Natasha understood completely what she was trying to say. Natasha reached her hand up, squeezing Yelena's. Yelena was quiet before finally forcing herself to speak up.

"Don't do something you will regret after the anger, Natashka," Yelena told her, and Natasha looked at Yelena carefully as she eyed her without a word, considering what she would say.

She knew Yelena was just as angry and as ready to kill as her. However, the fact that Yelena was thinking of Natasha and her guilt complex even in the midst of that was something that deeply touched Natasha despite the red rage dictating her every action at the moment.

"I'll do my best," Natasha promised, not guaranteeing things that she was not sure she would be able to withhold from but at the same time attempting to ease Yelena's worry.

Yelena eyed her for a moment more before nodding finally and stepping back. She took cover and prepared to watch for any other guards who made the mistake of getting too close while Natasha was inside doing her thing.

Natasha headed in, and she swiftly hid, remaining in the shadows as she watched the room. She could see armed men around inside, and she wasted no time in hurrying along through the warehouse, her feet barely making a sound.

She moved around the shipping containers, mentally taking note of all of the big brands and companies who had apparently been doing business with Kingpin back when he was alive. Natasha eased through, stopping for a moment at a shipping container. She remained dead silent, still for a moment as she eyed it curiously. She thought she had heard something.