Tattoos of Terror

Summary: When Darcy makes the somewhat rash decision to go and get a tattoo, she does not stop to think of the consequences. However, she brings Kate along and Kate is more than quick to point out the downsides...

A/N: A warning to those before they read it! Please don't read if you get offended easily about people not liking tattoos. Everybody's entitled to their own opinions, and I 100% respect people that love tattoos and people who don't love tattoos. Just please be respectful back 🥰💕

I hope y'all enjoy! 😊

   "Darcy, are you sure this is a good idea? Isn't it a little rash?"

"No. I've been thinking about it for a while," Darcy dismissively replied, not slowing her steps for even a moment. Kate hurried a little faster to keep up with her as she spoke up again.

"Did you consider all the negative sides?" Kate asked carefully.

"There aren't really any. Especially since it's Thor," Darcy bounced an eyebrow playfully as they headed down the sidewalk. Kate let out a deep breath but kept pace with her nevertheless.

They were both currently headed to the tattoo parlor in town for Darcy to get the first tattoo she had ever really thought about wanting too much. It was going to be the word Thor written in beautiful lettering with his hammer in the center crossing through the letter "O."

Darcy was honestly pretty excited and when she had seen someone with the tattoo online, she had honestly just charged into it headfirst, knowing she wanted it. Despite what she had implied to Kate, she had not really looked into the downsides of it because in the midst of her excitement, she was mostly convinced that there were none. It was permanent proof and a testament to her huge crush and love for Thor.

"Hey, y'know, you should get a Hawkeye one. This guy's pretty good at drawing them on from what I saw on his portfolio," Darcy told her, and Kate paused for a moment. Darcy could tell she was thinking it through for a split second. However, Kate quickly shook her head, looking infinitely more hesitant about it than she had even been before.

"No, thank you... I love Clint, but I don't love him enough to have it written on my body forever," Kate commented, and Darcy rolled her eyes lightly.

"Let me guess... Your mom's logic?"

"Yeah, but she's not wrong. Too many of my friends from college got tattoos that were really dumb that they're definitely going to regret later," Kate tried to explain.

"Like what?"

"Well, one got a tattoo of an apple. Because he liked apples," Kate explained, and Darcy could hear the intense disapproval and tiredness in Kate's voice as she told her. Darcy huffed.

"Wow... That was stupid," Darcy admitted, and Kate nodded before continuing.

"And one couple I knew got tattoos of each other." Darcy smiled a little, looking over at Kate.

"Well, that one is sweet," Darcy pointed out cheerily, and Kate nodded slowly.

"Yeah... Until they broke up after she caught him cheating on her with her sister," Kate cringed a little as she told her, and Darcy's eyes went wide.

"Umm... Maybe not as sweet as I thought, then," Darcy trailed off, and Kate hummed in agreement.

"Yep..."

They continued along in silence for a little while until Darcy suddenly spoke up, interrupting the quiet surrounding them.

"Hey, look. We're here," Darcy told her, pointing, and as Kate spotted the outside of the tattoo parlor, she sighed uncertainly. However, she nevertheless looked over at Darcy with some curiosity written in her features as she offered Darcy a onceover.