The Vacation of a Lifetime: Part 4

Summary: Natasha, Yelena, Kate, Carol, and Darcy find a plethora of adventures and mischief to get into on the beach in the aftermath of their messy disaster of a road trip. As they learn more about each other throughout these hijinks, they slowly all get closer.

A continuation of "The Road Trip of a Lifetime."

   "This will show her," Yelena muttered under her breath as she very delicately and carefully dragged the mattress across the floor, using all of the strength she had as she pulled it through the large doors at the front of the beach house.

Currently, everyone in the house was asleep except Yelena. Yelena had in fact forced herself to remain awake and wait until she was sure everyone was asleep. As soon as she had felt Natasha's heavy, even breaths falling against her shoulder blade, she had very carefully and slowly moved out of Natasha's arms where she was hugging her middle close to her. As much as it had killed Yelena to have to get up and leave the utterly heavenly cuddles that she was receiving from her big sister, she had to take care of a very important order of business.

Yelena froze, looking at the mattress as her victim stirred a little.

There on the mattress was Kate Bishop, sleeping deeply yet terribly inelegantly as she snored loudly and unashamedly. Yelena pulled the mattress the rest of the way outside, making her way to the beach.

Yelena had the perfect plan for revenge, and she had been plotting it since Carol had so easily picked her up by the underarms off of Kate. She was determined to get her retribution, and she would have it no matter the obstacles.

She finally managed to pull the mattress down to the beach far enough away from the shoreline that Kate would not get drowned by the tide, and she stopped to move Kate carefully and slowly off of the mattress.

Kate was surprisingly compliant for a person that seemed to sleep so disastrously, and Yelena first grabbed her upper body to ease her over into the sand. Kate remained still as she slept, and Yelena then wrapped her arms around Kate's knees as she moved her lower half into the sand as well.

Once she had Kate fully in position, she went and got the bucket that they had with them before earlier, and she proceeded to wet the sand nearby before starting to pile it all over Kate's body all the way up to her neck. Before too long, she had a huge mountain of sand covering and pinning all of Kate's body except her neck and head, and she smirked widely, very much pleased with her handiwork.

After she had finished this, she headed to the underside of the deck of the house where she had hidden the next step of her plan. There was a dead fish that she had found that had somehow washed up on shore, and she had wasted no time in grabbing it and hiding it underneath the deck for safe-keeping. By now, it was even more disgusting than it had been when she had first found it, which was perfect considering her plan.

Yelena honestly knew that she was probably going a little too far with this prank, but she could not resist messing with Kate. Besides, it would likely not bother Kate too badly even though she would be horribly disoriented. Not to mention grossed out by the fish. But alas, pranks and teasing were Yelena's primary means of communication with people but Kate in particular.

Besides the fact that she greatly enjoyed aggravating Kate in and of itself, the deeper truth of it was that Yelena had an extremely hard time relating to Kate outside of the pranks and teasing. She was not sure how to have an actual, real conversation with her, and the only way that she could connect with her very well at all was by messing with her.

She was secretly pretty fond of the kid. Granted, not as fond of her as she was of Peter, but if anyone dared to hurt or mess with Kate, they would quickly find out just how much Yelena did care. After all, she had been practically ready to fight a man when he had started forcefully advancing on Kate in the mall not too long ago.

And since Kate seemed to understand this strange game that they had going between them, Yelena held onto it and allowed herself to thoroughly enjoy it.

Yelena carefully suspended the dead fish over Kate's head so that the fish's head was near Kate's face. She would not hit it unless she raised her head up, but it was definitely there and easy to smell. When Kate woke up, she would be looking the thing right face-to-face, too.

Yelena chuckled wickedly under her breath, and she dragged the mattress some distance away in the sand under the deck. She then headed back to the beach house, extremely pleased with herself as she washed her hands. The entire thing had gone off perfectly and without a hitch, and the best part was that Kate Bishop did not get away with the humiliation fest she had planned for Yelena earlier that day.

She happily got back into bed with Natasha, cuddling into her as if absolutely nothing had happened. Natasha, somehow subconsciously sensing Yelena's warmth, immediately shifted closer, moving into her as she enclosed her in her arms yet again. Yelena could not help but feel a warmth spreading through her chest along with undying satisfaction, and she grinned softly to herself as she drifted peacefully off to sleep.

The next morning, Natasha was the first one up, and she had prepared her green tea, heading out to enjoy it on the deck as she watched the ocean with the salty breeze blowing in her face. She could hear Carol moving around the house at this point, and she could hear her starting to get ready for a morning jog. Darcy and Yelena were still dead to the world, and she figured that Kate likely was, too.

But this notion did not last for much longer.

Just as she was taking her third sip of her tea, she heard a voice calling out from a distance. Natasha furrowed her brow, immediately tensing up as she listened more attentively. It sounded strangely like a call for help, and Natasha instantly put her mug down in favor of hurrying quickly in the direction of the sound.

As soon as she came to the side of the house overlooking the beach more widely, she spotted a large heap of sand with a head poking out of it. And strangely, what appeared to be a dead fish dangling over said head. Natasha furrowed her brow, and the head turned its face toward her quickly.

"Tasha!!! Help, Tasha!!!!" Kate's voice clearly called out, and Natasha hurried over to her, wasting no time in rushing to help her. She was soon standing over her as she offered her a quick onceover.

"What happened?!" Natasha demanded, worrying over the girl as she looked down at Kate's current position.

"I don't know, but I think Yelena got her revenge!" Kate yelped, and Natasha, despite her concern, could not help the slight urge to laugh. The entire thing was funny, and Kate seemed entirely unharmed.

However, she tried her best to remain perfectly composed, knowing that Kate did not need her laughing at her right now. Right now, she needed Natasha's support and help. Despite the fact that this situation was indeed hilarious.

"Please hurry and get me out! I've got to pee, something has been messing with my toes, and worst of all the fish is dripping!" Kate cried with far more enthusiasm and horror than was entirely necessary despite the fact that she was completely genuine in her intense disgust.

Natasha started to move to help her, but as soon as she moved, she realized that the sand at Kate's feet was moving and displacing itself. To her utter shock, a crab came crawling out and skittering away. Kate craned her neck, trying desperately to see what Natasha was staring at.

She gasped, positively scandalized as she stared at the crab in terror.

"THAT NASTY, PERVERTED CRAB HAS A FOOT FETISH!!!"

Natasha immediately burst into laughter.