Sister Time

Summary: When Yelena goes on a mission with Carol for a day, Natasha and Kate spend a rather eventful evening together just having some soft, fun sister time together in which they discover more about one another while just enjoying each other.

   "Okay... So you know the quiet game?"

"Yeah. I never was a fan, though," Kate admitted as she bounced her leg a bit from where she was sitting next to Natasha in Natasha and Yelena's little house, Fanny lying on the floor at their feet and Liho sitting a small distance away sleeping. Natasha grinned a little, almost able to picture a young Kate in the slight pout that Kate had at the mere suggestion of the game.

Natasha had spent the entire day showing Kate several of her games that she played with Yelena, and it had been extremely fun so far. Kate was over for a sleepover with her since Yelena was gone, and they were currently waiting for the pizza to arrive.

Yelena was gone for the entire day on a mission with Carol of all people, and while Carol normally could have handled the mission on her own perfectly well, Carol had made the excuse that she needed some lessons in how to be stealthier in her undercover work. Truthfully, Natasha knew that Carol just wanted some time to spend with Yelena since Yelena had somehow or another turned into one of her best friends despite the shorter blonde's best efforts.

They were scheduled to come back the next morning, and Natasha had honestly been somewhat shocked that Yelena had agreed to be away from Natasha for that long. However, she supposed that the temptation to show Carol up and the desire to do some field work won her over in the end, despite the fact that she would have loved to remain cuddling with Natasha like usual.

"It's different when me and Yelena play it. We both stay as quiet as we can until we can trick one of us into saying something."

"Oh, gosh... Sounds like only a slightly more exciting version of the one me and my mom played. Anytime she wanted me to be quiet to let her work, we'd play the quiet game. It was never much fun, and if I tried to get her to talk, I'd just get a dirty look," Kate admitted wryly, and Natasha shrugged.

"Well, let's do a modified version, then."

"Ooh, we could take turns trying to be quiet, and we'll make noises or do crazy things to try to make the other laugh," Kate suggested, and Natasha nodded with a grin.

"Okay."

"You do something first," Kate told her, and Natasha could not help but grin as she looked at the girl. Natasha remained dead quiet for a few moments, trying to think of something that would break Kate's poker face. She knew realistically that it would not take much, but she really wanted to leave the girl in stitches since she just loved to see her smile and laugh so much.

She finally remembered something that referenced the first time that they had really spent a ton of quality time together without Yelena. It was during that time that Yelena had spent on the second long mission she had been on for the Avengers, and Natasha could not help but smile just a little before starting.

"Bada-bing-bada-boom, forgedda 'bout it. No biggie," Natasha told her in her perfectly-mastered New Yorker accent, and Kate immediately almost lost it. She had to bring her hand up to her mouth as she clamped it against her face as hard as she could in an attempt to control herself.

Natasha grinned a little, and when Kate had finally managed to get it together enough to avoid laughing out loud, she grabbed her phone. Natasha furrowed her brow curiously, and after a moment, Kate turned the phone screen toward Natasha.

It was a product that Kate had screenshotted from some website, and Natasha tilted her head as she read the product name.

Hello Kitty Squishmallow.