The Christmas of a Lifetime: Part 4

Summary: When Christmastime comes around at the compound along with Secret Santa, Natasha, Yelena, Kate, Carol, and Darcy find themselves in the middle of many holiday festivities with many old friends and even a new one or two.

   "All I'm saying is that it's hard to believe that so many people are unworthy," Darcy explained with a slight laugh.

Thor chuckled, shrugging a little, and Valkyrie huffed softly, her eyes stubbornly half-lidded as Darcy did her best to avoid even remotely looking in her direction.

"It's not that hard to believe," Valkyrie commented, and Darcy gritted her teeth, irritation spiking within her at the mere sound of the woman's voice.

Valkyrie had come to visit for Christmas, and Darcy had taken it upon herself to bug her and Thor in the common room. She was not about to let Thor and Valkyrie spend time alone together, and so she had followed them to where they were relaxing on the couch and talking, which was how they had ended up in the conversation that they were in now in which they were discussing Stormbreaker and Mjölnir.

"Well... I mean... Most people aren't worthy of lifting such a glorious weapon. Even some non-human beings," Thor explained, and Darcy nodded, turning her attentions more fully toward him. His hair was pulled back prettily in the rear, a low ponytail resting on his back with strands gorgeously hanging to the sides of his head. His eyes were sparkling with the warm light from the lamps around them, and Darcy honestly felt like her breath was leaving her lungs at the mere sight of him.

If only that accursed woman was not hanging so smugly there beside him, her arm perched on the back of the couch as she remained sitting there next to him at a large enough distance to be considered acceptable but a small enough distance to suggest something could be happening that was not entirely platonic.

Needless to say, Darcy was very much not a fan of Valkyrie.

"I don't know. It's just hard for me to believe that there's quite that much bad in the world. Besides, magic like that kind of defies the laws of science," Darcy persisted, mostly continuing the conversation just to have Thor's undivided attention. One surefire way to always get Thor's attention was to get into a conversation that somehow revolved around him in one way or another.

Despite the fact that someone talking about themselves and thoroughly enjoying it was not ideal, it was the worst fault in the world to have, so Darcy figured that she would let it go.

"By that definition, I defy the laws of science," Thor pointed out, moving a hand in the direction of himself. Darcy moved her head, conceding the point. Valkyrie reached over and lightly tugged a strand of his hair. Thor winced, grinning despite his withdrawal from her, and she smirked a little, the corners of her lips quirking.

"Maybe that's what I'm suggesting then," Darcy pointed out, grinning a bit despite her sour mood about Valkyrie. Somehow, talking to Thor always managed to uplift her spirits.

"Then try it," Thor told her, and Darcy looked at him in confusion, pausing for a moment as she tried to decipher his meaning.

"What?" Darcy asked, leaning forward just a little as she looked at him. Thor shrugged, glancing at the weapon that was currently the subject of their conversation.

"Stormbreaker," Thor explained shortly. Darcy squinted a little, looking at him skeptically.

"Seriously?" she questioned, and Thor looked at her as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Seriously. Try it," Thor gestured to the axe sitting next to him. Darcy looked at him quizzically, raising an eyebrow as she eyed him disbelievingly.