Chapter 4: Caught

Slowly, Hakuta opened his eyes to the sunlight flooding into his room. This was a feeling he had felt the morning before, but it still wasn't something he could say he was used to. The boy's old room was darker, due to their poor living circumstances. So something like this gave him a mix of vexation and joy. That it was nice to have a better home, but there was bitterness in knowing this was only temporary.

And not only that, but also being aware of who he had to share this with as the boy got out of bed and dressed for the day. On his way to the stairs, he walked past Shiuka's room. The door was closed, and he assumed she was still asleep.

"Yo, I'm going to eat some breakfast." He spoke out loud, hoping this would wake her. "If you want anything, I'm not making it for you." Then he waited for a response, but nothing seemed to stir inside. Perhaps she wouldn't wake to his noises. While he had gone to bed before she got back, that girl must've gotten back late into the night considering when he went to sleep. So she was most likely going to sleep in for the day. No big deal, seeing as it was Sunday so they didn't have school today.

Taking no mind to it, Hakuta continued on his way downstairs. This was where he was hit with the biggest shock of the day, and things had only just begun. Since he assumed she was asleep in her room, the sight of her body as it laid out on the ground by the front door caused him to scream in fright. From the way she was laying, the girl wasn't even fully inside the house. The door was left ajar as she didn't seem to be moving. "Hey, what happened?"

"Hmm?" He rushed down the steps to see her in such a sad state. Did something bad happen while he was sleeping such as... "Oh, it's just you Yama..." Shiuka was unable to even say his name as her head drifted back onto the ground.

"Hey, don't go out on me now." He cupped his hands under her head. His body was moving on pure instinct as he lifted her up and inside. There, her body was placed down on the couch as he rushed to grab some water. "Did you get attacked? Did somebody..." When Hakuta returned, he was filled with a million questions.

"Attacked?" She repeated his words slowly as she thought about what had happened the night before. "Ohhhh no, we had so much fun last night." As it would turn out, he was worried over nothing. She had hung out with her friends as she usually did at the karaoke bar. They wanted to make up for lost time, so they ended up staying a bit later than usual. This resulted in her getting back to the house well past midnight. Where after being exhausted from all the joy they had in public, she ended up passing out just as she had opened the door.

"That was incredibly dangerous." He responded to her wild tale. Hakuta inched closer to her and gave a sniff. There didn't seem to be any scent of alcohol. She was a gyaru, right? That seemed like something they would do without care of the legality. "You could've gotten seriously hurt." Not to mention leaving the door open left them vulnerable to intruders.

"But everything's fine now... Achoo!" She sneezed loudly, and partially into his face. "Owie, my head hurts."

"You've probably caught cold from sleeping halfway outside." He replied, wiping the spittle from his face. Hopefully she didn't just give him what she had. "You should get some rest in your room."

"Mmhmm." She didn't say much when attempting to get up. However, her body wasn't willing to listen. "Carry me up?"

"No." There was no way he'd consider doing that for her.

"Then I guess I'll just lay down here." Shiuka decided the couch was good enough and laid down, taking up all the space. This was bad for him, since he was hoping to play some games and she just took up the best spot for enjoying said hobby.

"Fine, I'll carry you." So there was one way to get him to carry her. All it took was getting in the way of his precious video games to do it. Hakuta picked her up in a princess carry. Despite not being known for having a strong build, it was easier than expected to hold her in this manner.