Past and Future 6

"I'm not interrupting anything, am I?" Iruka asked as the trio stayed in their positions awkwardly. She worried for a moment, thinking that she could've accidentally walked into a delicate moment. Her belief was that Ino could be interested in him and in a battle between them, Iruka was confident she would be the loser.

"I just needed to ask Hakuta something." Ino replied, preparing to walk away. She gave one good look at the boy, silently hinting him to strongly consider her words, then moved past the girl. "You should be honest with him." She whispered and left before Iruka could even respond.

What did she mean by that, she wondered. It was not something she could tell, but it seemed as though their class representative was stepping aside to allow her to express herself to him.

"Sorry about that." Said Hakuta as he beckoned her to sit beside him. "Ino wanted to talk about something personal." He still had what she told him in the back of his mind. It seemed she was aware about Iruka's feelings, but acted as if she would confess right now.

"No problem." She sat down and quickly pulled out her food to take a bite. While it was the expected action, she mainly used it as an excuse to not delay in saying what she wanted to say. "Mmh, delicious." That wasn't to say that her choice to delay the inevitable wasn't an enjoyable one either.

"It does sound good." He couldn't help but smile in seeing her own smile from something so simple as a school meat bun. Hakuta had himself a small bento box with a lunch made by himself. Considering how bad Shiuka was behind the kitchen, it was for the best.

"You want some?" She offered it up to him, wiping her mouth. It hadn't occurred to her until it was too late just what she implied, even if accidentally, by holding the spot she had taken a bite of to his face. "Oh, ah, sorry." She quickly flipped it over when she realized her blunder.

"It's no problem." He declined the food anyway. It was hers that she paid with her own money. He already had his own so it was more than enough for him. Hakuta also found himself getting a bit embarrassed just from the idea of an indirect kiss alone. Which was funny considering they had already kissed each other anyway.

They returned to eating quietly in a bit of awkward silence before he spoke up again. "So, hope you've been doing well." He said, dancing around what he had originally planned before. From the way she acted, it seemed he could trust Omihiro didn't blather his beliefs to her.

"Yeah..." She quietly responded, taking a sip of a drink she got from a vending machine on the way. Iruka had been uncharacteristically subdued since she got here. Which made it abundantly clear to him something was wrong. It didn't take long for her to voice the reason why. "I'm sorry Hakuta." She leaned towards him, backing him into the tree. "I know what I said before, but I can't hold back any longer."

"That wasn't very long at all." He replied, knowing exactly what she meant. Hakuta couldn't say if he felt it was a bad thing or not, but it certainly complicated matters.

"I saw you talking to Masahito." She admitted the truth to him. "I just can't stand back anymore and pretend. I have to know if you like me back." Iruka took a big gulp, bracing herself for the truth. "So please, even if it's just that you only see me as a friend. I want you to tell me the truth."

"Iruka..." Now Hakuta had no choice but to confront his own feelings. The feelings he had been trying to ignore for the past week about her. Everyone had been saying he had fallen for her, but were they correct? Should he listen to them?

No, he shouldn't listen to them. Not because they were wrong, but because only his choice and his feelings were the ones that mattered. This needed to be something he needed to strongly consider and it had to be right now.

He ran through all the circumstances in his mind, yet every time he found himself falling into the though of, what if? Mostly in the case that he actually act on some desires of his. "Is it really okay?" He asked in response. "I... Really do like you a lot, but things are so complicated in my life."

"If none of that mattered, then what would you say then?" She countered. Hakuta knew he needed to find the answer and the only way was to find what naturally came to him. When everything had already been done and said, he knew for sure what the truth was.

"Then I say that I love you." He told her, confident in himself.

"Ehh!?" Despite hoping this would be his response, Iruka was taken by surprise due to her believing he'd outright reject her and confirm only their friendship. "You really do?" She had to pinch her cheeks to make sure she wasn't dreaming this scenario was actually happening. That he had returned he feelings for him. "This isn't a joke, is it?"

"I'm not really good with these kinds of things." Hakuta never had experience with matters of young love. He worried himself with all the factors and circumstances and tons of things that were meaningless. All he should care about in this tender young age was the feeling in his heart and they were focused solely on the girl sitting besides him.

"I'm sure you've got a lot of assumptions about me, but I've never had a boyfriend before either." She spoke as if admitting an embarrassing fact. Considering the way she acted, he was not surprised on this either.

"It doesn't matter to me." Despite his awkwardness, he tried to put on his own moves and wrap his arm around her shoulder, getting close to the girl. "I don't know what's good or bad, so I guess we'll just have a lot of learning to do." By getting close, the pair both looked each other in the eye, just mere inches apart.

Then, without thinking, they got even closer. Their lips touched as they embraced in another kiss which was just as burning hot as the one shared on that night during the fireworks. It went on for much longer than the previous one, and they were in a much less private spot than before. Which only confirmed there was no hesitation about moving forward for their new relationship.

Finally they separated, both faces bright red over doing something they had already done before, but done in a different light.

"I guess we need tell everyone about this." Iruka said once she had gathered her composure. "It's a little weird to just, announce it, but I don't know how you really tell someone the news."

"We're not telling them we're getting married or something." He replied, but his aloof response was only a cover for him feeling the same concern she did. His friends were definitely going to tease him incessantly over this matter. Oh the irony that he'd end up dating a gyaru. "Let's go, class will be starting soon."

They walked back together to their classroom. It was fine, but when he went to grab her hand, Hakuta did worry about his sweaty palms might turn her off. Fortunately she either didn't notice or care about it when she held his hand back.

They walked into the classroom feeling tense, but a little more confident as the fact of them being a couple sunk in more into their minds.

"Hakuta, you're back." Yuusen greeted him as he returned to his desk. "We were just wondering about you and..." He paused when he noticed his friend holding the girl's hand.

"Whoa, I didn't realize you guys were in a rush to get back." Itsuki erroneously believed this to be against his will. After all, this was far from the first time this had happened and usually Hakuta would get angry in taking his hand away.

"Actually, it's a little different than that." He hesitated for a moment, worried about how they'd react because these were his friends after all. They were known for overreacting to everything. "Iruka and me... We're going to date now."

"What!?" The pair both reacted in the manner he expected them to. It was also about as loud as he thought they would which grabbed the attention of literally everyone else. Including a bunch of people who didn't know him well, but were aware of his obviously stated disdain. So it came as a surprise and got a bunch of students to surround them.

"You and Iruka?" There were a ton of questions they got, an overwhelming amount. Fortunately it was the end of lunch, so Ino was there to tell them to back off and allow the couple some space.

"I guess things are going to be pretty hectic for a while." Hakuta commented when they both sat down, this time turning back to look at her while they talked for a bit as the teacher walked in.

"Heh, as long as I'm with you. We can handle anything." She giggled and smiled, more giddy than a child.