Expectations 2

Hakuta had a long week leading up to the event. Since his wardrobe was what what would call lacking, he was forced to go shopping for a proper suit with his father. That led to some rather strange hijinks for people just trying to buy clothes.

Then there was the part where Shiuka demanded he help her pick out just the right dress. She looked beautiful in all of them, which made it nearly impossible to decide which was the right one. Though she never seemed to be satisfied despite his positive answers.

There was also many dealings with school, but nothing he couldn't handle. However because of all this, he had been putting off something important he knew he needed to address and soon. This being to inform Ino about him being at the party.

Even though it likely wasn't necessary, Hakuta did believe it to be a good idea to let her know so she wouldn't be surprised at his appearance. It was entirely possible she already knew, since her dad had invited Shiuka's dad, which seemed to be extended to his family. So maybe she might be aware of the guest list, but it didn't hurt to let her know regardless.

So he sent her a message with his phone. While he struggled to come up with the words to tell her in a manner he found satisfactory. Hakuta did eventually write one out and hit send. It didn't take long for him to get a response.

"I already knew that." She answered, confirming to him that she was indeed aware of the guest list. "I knew your father worked with Otari, but I didn't realize he was that important on the job." He wondered just how much she was aware of this business arrangement, but it likely was little considering she was just a kid compared to them and shouldn't really worry about them either.

"Yeah, so I guess we'll be seeing each other that night?" He continued on their conversation. "It's a little weird being at a formal event. I've never been to one outside of school." Even in school he didn't do many formal events which required dressing up nice. Hakuta knew he would stick out in a crowd of more sociable and wealthy people.

"I suppose you've never seen me in such a position." Her response confused him. As if there was to be a massive difference compared to how she was in school to whatever he could expect from her that night. Was it because of the circumstances? Because he had met her and her family before and it didn't seem to be too out of the ordinary, even including the part where her dad seemed to grill him a bit. If anything, that part was the most normal considering it was his daughter he wanted to protect.

"At least you've never seen me in that position too." He sent a respond with a much more positive tone, leaving a laughing emoji to indicate such to her. "So it looks like we'll both be getting something new."

This was the end of their conversation as he moved on to finalizing the preparations for such an event. Shiuka seemed to be looking greatly forward to it, but their dads were much more lackadaisical. It seemed a bit disrespectful to not take an invite by a representative more seriously, but they seemed to be more familiar with him. So likely understood what was to come in the future.

Time past without event until it was the night of the party. Hakuta put on his suit and tie, a new outfit he wasn't a fan of, but had no other choice in the matter. At least they didn't force him to gel back his hair or anything to finish the look, since it wasn't that formal of an event.

Shiuka was much different than him being that not only was she much more excited for the night. But that she also went all out when it came to picking out a beautiful dress and putting on all the right makeup.

"So? What do you think?" She asked when they were all finished up and waiting for the ride. "Hope you like it."

"Of course I like it." He responded, leaning on the wall as it felt too uncomfortable to sit in his outfit. "I think we looked at a dozen ones before picking that one out, so it better be good." That said, Hakuta did like it if only because she asked for his favorite, which was the one she wore. While it wasn't a clear winner over the others, as he thought they all looked wonderful. It certainly was one which radiated when she put it on. "So what are we waiting for now?"

"For our ride, of course." His dad answered. "You kids aren't going to believe it, but Kankichi got us a limo!"

"Yeah, that's pretty much expected." Shiuka replied as if it were no big deal. To Hakuta, it was crazy to think he would ever have the chance to be able to enjoy a ride in such a fancy vehicle. This certainly would be a once-in-a-lifetime event for someone like him. "Papa's probably going to drive it himself through. He can be pretty cheap sometimes."

The idea of wanting to save a little bit of money on not having to hire a driver did sound a bit strange from someone who likely could afford it without issue. So much so that Hakuta wondered if it wasn't the money that was the reason, but rather because the man wanted to be able to drive a limo. Now that truly would be a once-in-a-lifetime event for someone who didn't call that their profession.

"Yep, he's already gone to pick it up." Toukou checked his watch to see the time. "In fact, He should've already gotten here by now." As if on cue, they heard the honking of a car horn. The obvious signal that Kankichi had arrived to drive them to their location.

"He's back!" Shiuka got all giddy, a little unbecoming of someone so gussied up as herself. "Come on, let's get going."

"All right, but be a little careful." He warned her, reminding the girl she was in heels. "You wouldn't want to trip and mess up your dress."

"Aw, is that because you like it so much?" She responded by giving him a little tease of how it fit on her.

"Whatever." He rolled his eyes in response to her actions and followed her outside. There they were greeted with the sight of the limo with the front window rolled down with Shiuka's father telling them to come in.

They didn't need to be told twice to do this, so the pair quickly ran to the back to enter while Hakuta's father took shotgun. When they opened the door, they were both shocked at what they saw.

"No way!" Shiuka couldn't contain her excitement in seeing her friends sitting in the back. "You guys are coming too?"

"Yeah, why?" Hakuta wasn't as excited to see Ninka, Rouko, and Iruka sitting her as she was. While he wasn't necessarily against them, it just came off as a massive surprise. They all appeared dressed for the occasion, so it seemed the trio were aware of this beforehand.

"Well my dad works a lot with plenty of people." Said Ninka. "They sent one to my family too. I didn't realize yours and Iruka's dad's worked with Shiuka's dad, so that's kind of funny."

"Yeah, and you guys weren't just going to leave me out of this." Rouko didn't have a good reason beyond her friends with the other gals. Perhaps she didn't really need one anyway.

"I would've thought we'd pick you up at your place." Ninka commented on seeing Hakuta here instead. "But I guess if your dad works for him, it makes sense too." He breathed a sigh of relief she hadn't yet connected the dots on the truth yet. Somehow she didn't question how Omihiro wasn't here and was instead coming to the party later on with his wife.

"Isn't this so great?" Shiuka looked over at him with joy over this turn of events. "Pretty much everyone's here."

"Sure." He wasn't as happy about them being there. Not to mention it was only the girls and his own friends weren't anywhere to be seen. "Come on, we don't want to be late." He quickly beckoned her inside to get their ride started. All Hakuta wanted to do was get this part of the trip over as fast as possible. He did not want to spend too much time trapped with a bunch of gyarus in the limo.

Though it certainly gave him that once-in-a-lifetime experience he had been expecting. Only just that it also came with the, only happens to Hakuta condition of there being extra gals added to the mix.