Past and Future End

As expected from couple only just now getting past the wall of their pride and concerns, Hakuta and Iruka had some growing pains. It had less to do with each other, but more to do with the situation he was in. They couldn't just come over to his house all the time because it wasn't his house. Which also meant they couldn't be alone easily, but the pair could work around it.

"Hello!" Said Iruka when Shiuka opened the front door for her. She had gotten all gussied up since they were going to go on their first proper day date. "I'm sure Hakuta's in right now. So can I come in?"

"Of course, you're always welcome here." Shiuka stepped aside and allowed her in. Though she put on a smile, the girl was unable to put up that enthusiastic of a greeting as Iruka walked inside.

"Gosh, I'm so nervous." She said, gently patting her cheeks to ensure she wasn't dreaming. "I've never been on a real date before. I hope nothing goes wrong."

"I'm sure things will be fine." Shiuka assured her. Though knowing that Hakuta would be involved, she did have some belief something would happen. But nothing so serious as to ruin their day or anything. "You two are great, so what's the worst that could happen anyway?"

"I'm coming down." Hakuta announced from the upper floor, the pattering of his feet were heard as he walked down to their level. In a rare display, he did pay attention to the finer details of his outfit. The boy wasn't familiar with what was consider hot to girls, so he borrowed Shiuka's magazine to try out something they were selling there. "Whoa." He said once his eyes saw Iruka.

She was stunning gorgeous, even if her outfit was more casual than his. Perhaps it was that tiny bit of makeup she had on, or maybe he really had changed like his friends and enjoyed her denim shorts which showed off a lot of leg. Either way, he couldn't help but feel a little excited this girl was his date for the day.

"Hi." She waved at him with her cute little smile. "I'm ready to go when you are." He walked up to her and took the girl's hand, preparing themselves to head out in public.

"I'll be back sometime in the evening." He said to Shiuka. "Hope you survive here alone without me."

"Ah, I can take care of myself." She responded, a bit miffed at being treated like a child. Yet at the same time they also saw her like a parent seeing her kid off as he went with his girlfriend. "Don't get into any trouble now. I can't always be saving you."

"Don't worry, we'll behave." He responded. Despite her subtle disappointment at the arrangement, the pair did share a smile together. Shiuka, despite never telling him anything about her own feelings, was more than ready to move on with her life.

With that, the couple walked out of the house and headed towards a more populous square of town. They had no official plans other than today being a date, so there was no specific destination in mind. "Huh, I'm really bad when I don't have a clue of what I'm doing." He commented when they arrived, but stopped in the middle of the crowd to look around. Hakuta was uncertain on the right things to do on a date. He had never been on one before where he not only wanted to, but also was in a mindset to making decisions based around the situation.

It seemed he should try to be romantic, where he did have some clues on how, but what were the things she'd be interested in? Iruka had told him before she had never dated anyone before, so how he gather any clues to have an idea of their next course of action?

"Maybe a movie?" He suggested, spotting a theater nearby. However something else had caught her eye by the time he figured something out.

"Wow, that's such a beautiful fountain." She pointed towards the park. It was a larger one which did have a playground for children, but was also made for the entire public at large regardless of age. "Can we go there first?" She asked.

"Sure, no problems here." He didn't know what would be so special about some fountain. He couldn't deny it looked nice, but it wasn't as if the object itself was designed for fun for couples like them. "But just a short stop, right? We just got here, so I doubt you're already tired."

"I'm not tired at all." She told him as they walked over. Once they reached the fountain, she opened up her purse to pull out a single coin.

"Hmm? What are you doing?" He asked, surprised by her actions.

"Making a wish, of course." She gave him a wink and flipped the coin up into the air where it fell into the water.

"I'm not sure if you're actually allowed to do that." He looked around to see if anyone was watching them and saw what happened. Most people didn't appear to see them because the crowd was relatively large and most people only cared about their own business. "So what did you wish for?"

"I can't say that." She declined to answer. "If I tell you, then it won't come true." Iruka seemed to believe heavily in this superstition, even though he was aware it was only just that. Wishes weren't even real, just things people hoped would happen.

"Let me guess, you wished that we'd stay together forever." Hakuta put up an educated guess.

"Whoa, you can read my mind!?" Her reaction proved him correct as she was in shock over her believing he managed to reach into her mind rather than just knowing her well enough to figure out the truth.

"Of course." He played along. "I can even tell whenever you're thinking of me in class."

"You can?" She blushed heavily, as she knew what she thought during class was a bit on the inappropriate side. If he was truly aware of her thoughts, then she'd be absolutely humiliated on him knowing what went on in that head of hers.

"I'm just kidding." He calmed her down. "But I'm glad you care about me. But how about we worry on making ourselves good instead of hoping on fate?"

"Totally, but there's nothing wrong with asking for a little help, is there?" She smiled as they moved along with their date. "I trust you, but even you're not super powerful."

"Speaking of, I'm surprised you haven't minded where I live." He replied as they headed towards the movie theater he suggested earlier. "You know, with Shiuka and all."

"Why should I be worried?" She asked, naive to the situation. "You two have lived with each other for months and nothing ever happened. I think it's pretty clear you don't see her as anything but a friend." He was glad about her being so trusting, even he knew he was a faithful and only for her. So it wasn't going to be a problem there on his end. It was just that he was worried on how she might feel in the future.

"Well, I suppose for now. We can just enjoy what we have today." He spoke as they walked up to the ticket booth. "What's a good movie we can watch right now."

"Let's watch this one." She pointed out to one of the posters and asked for a couple tickets to a showing. It appeared at first glance to be some sort of lovey dovey romantic comedy. Not up his alley, but she certainly was going to love it.

"Alright, we can do that one." He didn't attempt to argue. Even if the movie wasn't his kind of idea of fun. As long as it was with Iruka, anything they did together would bring happiness.