Chapter 74

Laura POV:

I looked at the clock and it was 8:27. The sunrays glistened out of the window. Two pair of arms were wrapped around my body and a warm breathing on my head. I fluttered my eyes and did a big sigh.

Ross: Goodmorning (He said in his morning voice)

Laura: (I groaned) Goodmorning

He sat up still holding me on his arms, with me on his lap.

Ross: How are you feeling?

Laura: I have been better

He kissed my cheek from behind and I cuddled in his arms, with my head laying on his shoulder.

Ross: We are leaving today, let's hope that after that it will get better

Laura: Ok

I looked around and stopped to stare at the window. It was so beautiful, dark green leaves covered the tree trunks, and the clouds, filling the landscape of the color of morning.

Laura: I am going to miss this place (I said still looking out the window)

Ross: Yeah.. (He said half whispiring)

I could feel his head looking also at the window, and doing a really deep breath.

Time was passing by and I moved Ross' arms from my waist and finally stood up. The floor felt cold under my feet. I walked to my baggage and took the clothes I was going to wear for the day, and changed in the bathroom.

Once I came back from there, I saw Ross already changed closing his luggage.

Ross: We should eat something before we go, you know..

Laura: Yeah, we should.

Ross grabbed his luggage and his backpack, caring it on his shoulder, and went downstairs. I put my backpack over my shoulder, and tried to carry it. Dang, this is heavy. I thought.

Ross: Need any help? (He said leaning against the wall with a smirk on his face)

Laura: Um.. (I chuckled) Yeah

He walked towards me and took the luggage out of my hand.

Ross: I'll see you downstairs.

I looked around the room. The moments that happened in here. I lost my virginity here, with the person who was on the top of the list. I closed the bathroom door. I made a deep breath and walked out of the bedroom.

I heard the refrigerator open and close. That is when it hit me and I remembered what happened early morning.

Ross: Hey (He said smiling shyly) I put yogurt on the table

Laura: Thank you

I put my bag on the floor and ate the yogurt looking at it. Once I finished it, I threw it to the trash and looked at the time. 8:40.

Laura: The driver will be here in a few.

Ross: Ok (He said scrolling through his phone)

I looked at him trying to figure out what was going through his mind right now. Does he regret the moments we shared? I shook that off my head.

Laura: Any plans on how... You know, tell James? (I asked breaking the silence that sucked my whole body up)

Ross: (He looked at me) N-no. I mean.. (His face showed a sincere feeling) We have to tell him the truth, but before that, ask him if it is true about the trap.

Laura: W-what if he lies? He is not that stupid.

Ross: We will have to take extreme measures

Laura: (I raised my eyebrows) Define the meaning of "extreme measures"

Ross: You will when it happens.

Laura: Ok

If it wasn't Ross, I would totally argue with him, and maybe not even follow his "plan", but I trusted Ross, so I knew that he wouldn't bring any danger to us.

Silence filled the room again, until my phone did a beep sound. In other words, a text message. It was from our driver.

Miss Marano, our car is outside.

I closed my flip phone and stared at Ross who had a concerned look.

~Back to LA~

Rydel POV:

I fluttered my eyes and looked around. Everything seemed so white, so pale, and so blurry. I could hear noises in the background, but I couldn't decipher what they were saying. Where am I? I asked myself.

I groaned and tried to look around, then I felt something really cold on my forehead, dripping to my face. Blood, paint, is this some prank? I saw a blurry, yet familiar face lean over me and move their head around like if their checking my face.

Stormie: Rydel? Rydel? Can you hear me? Please say something.

I finally heard my name and right away knew it was my Mom. I tried to say something, but it felt like my whole body was in pain and I couldn't move my jaw.

I drew my eyes down and saw a hand holding mine. I instantly recognized it was Riker's. He was the only one with such ring. It had a unique design. I gripped his hand letting him know that I was at least alive.

Riker: (deep breath) I think she should sleep Mom.

Stormie: O-ok.

I heard many footsteps leaving the room, but my hand was still gripped.

Riker: I know that you can hear me Rydel, but I am not leaving you.

I tried to smile, but it turned into another painful sound.

Riker: Don't try to talk, you need to rest.

He lost his hand from mine, and stood up taking the cold object off my forehead. Ice. What happened to me? I felt a kiss being planted on my forehead, and saw my brother sit down on his chair again. Before I knew, I was drowned in a dream.

I was staring at the ocean, and I couldn't lie, it looked so hypnotizing. After a couple of seconds, I looked at myself and saw I had a dress, and felt a flower crown wrapping my head. My feet were in the sand, enjoying the good feeling of warmth.

Then someone laughed. I look at my left and there he was. His hair and his eyes were so beautiful, I could stare at them all day. I felt a smile grow on my face. I realized he had said a joke, because he said "Here comes another joke, what did..".

I giggled. I took a strand of hair, and put it behind my ear. There was a feeling in my heart that only one person could make me feel like that. "Do you want to walk on the shore?" He asked. I nodded and right away taking his hand.

We played around the water and laughed, like the old times. We would flirt with each other knowing about it. He took my hand and pulled towards him. He caressed my cheek with his hand and I leaned in. When my lips were less than an inch apart, I felt everything fading away. "Ellington, Ellington!" I screamed, but it felt like everything was going away from me. Ellington...

----------

Hey guys! Enjoy this chapter 💕 Thank you for all your kind comments and votes, and also 500k+ reads, THAT IS INSANE! 😍🙆 I love you guys! You are the best! 🍁 Don't forget to: Comment and vote ☺️😘