Chapter 76

Laura POV:

Are we a couple? For the first time the topic crossed my mind. It seemed so long since everything happened. I turned to look at Ross, who was looking down fidgeting with his fngers, and smiling shyly. He probably has thought about it. I thought. What made it even more suspensive was his response.

Ross: A couple? (Chuckled) Interesting...

Laura: Y-yeah

Silence filled the car. I couldn't understand if it was awkwardness or excitement. It was mysterious.

Once we finally arrived to the city of Rome, the radio automatically turned on with popular Italian songs. The streets were filled with tourists and beautiful artistic buildings. You could see people dancing on the streets while musicians played the guitar, bass, and the drums.

I turned to look at Ross who was also amazed looking at the city. The restaurants, the museums, the hotels, the ancient structures. Astonishing. I remember always going to Italy with my family. I wonder if I could see my aunts, uncles, and cousins here.

Driver: Siamo vicini al vostro hotel (He said: We are close to your hotel.)

Laura: Grazie (I replied: Thank you)

Ross looked at me and raised his eyebrows.

Laura: He said we are getting closer to our hotel. (I smiled)

Ross: Ok.

We drove for a while, and then he parked in front of our hotel.

Driver: Qui stiamo, godetevi il vostro siggiorno nella città di Roma. (He said smiling: Here we are, enjoy your stay in the city of Rome.)

Ross: Grazie (He said to the driver: Thank you. And gave him 15 Euro.)

The driver gave a thumbs up to both of us and helped us with the luggage. We set foot in the hotel and went directly to the elevator.

Ross: Finally, Rome. (He said leaning on the wall of the elevator.)

Laura: Yeah.

The elevator opened and we walked through the halfways and stopped at our room. Ross pulled out the card and opened the door and we stepped into the room.

Ross: Hotel rooms. Practically my second home. (He said falling onto the bed)

I chuckled and put my bags on the floor sitting on the chair.

Laura: We are going to meet James at 1:00 in his office. No one is filming today so..

Ross: Oh great (He said sarcastically) This means we have time to eat something, cause I am starving.

Laura: Aren't you always Lynch.

He looked at me and smiled.

Laura: Let's order room service.

Ross: Fine with me, pass me the menu on the table.

I turned around and grabbed the menu, tossing it to Ross.

Ross: Thanks!

He sat up and started to glance at the menu and mumbled at himself about what to get. Finally we decided what to get and ordered.

Ross: Now, we just wait.

I was reading a book, and Ross was scrolling through his phone, when a knock in the door appeared. Before we knew, we were both eating spaguetti and chicken wings.

Ross: This is so good! (He said biting a chicken wing)

Laura: (Giggled) Yeah

Then all of a sudden the phone rang. Once I saw the caller, I didn't knew what to say.

Ellington POV:

After eating an early breakfast, Stian and I went back to Zack's house, and everyone was still sleeping.

Ellington: Thanks for the breatkfast Stian, I appreciate it.

Stian: No problem kid (He smiled softly)

I went to my room quietly, and plopped on my bed sighing deeply. Should I call her? I grabbed my phone and scrolled through my contacts. I don't have the absolute guts to talk to her. Instead I clicked another contact. Rocky.

~Conversation on phone~

Rocky: Hello?

Ellington: Hey Rocky, it's Ellington

Rocky: Oh hi bro, what's up?

Ellington: Nothing much, just tired. You?

Rocky: (Groaned) Well.. Rydel passed out

Ellington: What?!

Shivers ran through my spine, and I was sure my heart stop beating for a bit.

Ellington: I-is she okay?

Rocky: Don't worry Romeo, Juliet is fine. (He said calmly)

Ellington: Ross is the Romeo obsessed guy (I stated)

Rocky: Yeah yeah

A moment of silence passed.

Ellington: Does Rydel need me? (I said scratching the back of my neck)

Rocky sighed deeply.

Rocky: No, I think she is going to be ok.

I knew he lied, but I knew I just had to go with it. Fighting with Rocky is probably the last thing you would like to do.

Ellington: O-ok. I guess I will talk to you later.

Rocky: Yup, take care bro.

~End of conversation~

I put my phone down and looked at the ceiling. I am meeting Zack today. Yay. In this right moment, I had the huge urge to find a gun and kill myself, but that is not the solution. I looked out the window and the city looked silent. That is probably why they chose this place. No one is here.

I looked around and almost all houses had a "Sell" sign on the windows. No expensive cars were parked outside. You could see from a block from were the house was standing, trucks parked on the streets and some guys already talking.

I looked at the clock on the desk and I muttered under my breath. I can't believe it's that early. I inspected my bag for my headphones and put them on. The song "Shup Up & Dance" by Walk the Moon came in.

I laid on the bed humming quietly to the song, and I drifted away to nap.

*****

Stian: Hey kid, wake up (I felt someone shaking my shoulder)

Ellington: Huh? (I asked confused)

My headphones were wrapped around my neck and I saw Stian standing beside me.

Stian: It's 10:03, time to wake up.

Ellington: Wow... I have been sleeping that long?

Stian: Yeah (He nodded) Get ready, everyone is downstairs.

Ellington: Everyone... (I said sadly with a low voice)

Stian looked at me with a mournful face. I promised I saw him mouth It's going to be ok. It also could be an illusion.

Stian: See you downstairs (He said walking out of my bedroom)

Zack is downstairs ready to make my life miserable. Here we go.

-----

Hey guys! <3 It's been a heck of a week, exams and all that stuff. I am so tired! I'm glad I finally I can update :) I hope you guys are loving the mystery that is going on with the story. Have an awesome day, smile, and let me remind you, YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL! 😍