Chapter 82

Stian POV:

It was 6:17a.m. I rubbed my eyes with my thumb and index finger. Many feelings ran through my head. Frustration, anger, sadness. When will this war end? Where did all happiness go?

I stood up and walked to my bathroom. I looked at the broken mirror. I remember the first day I came here. I broke a piece of it, and after that I decided to never change it since then. Then I looked at myself. I was scary, messy, who have I become? A slave? A killer? A victim of misery? I missed my wife, my kid, and my normal life.

Things have changed since Ellington came. I felt responsible for him. Like if he was my son that I cared about and saw each and every day. Like every time he came back from a mission, it was like if he came back from work. Every time I saw him sad, I felt a deep pain in my chest, but I knew I had to hide it. I needed to show strength, like a parent with their kid.

I splashed water onto my face, and brushed my hair so it would look half decent. I got out of my room, and walked a few meters to Ellington's bedroom. I softly knocked on the door, in case he was still sleeping. Right away, I heard a groan and a tiring voice.

Ellington: Come in...

I opened the door, and quietly closed it behind me. I walked up to his bed and sat on the edge of it.

Stian: How did you sleep?

Ellington: I have slept better.

Stian: (chuckle)

Ellington: How about you?

Stian: Same as yesterday.

Ellington: What are we doing today?

Stian: Not sure yet, Zack does his plans whenever he wants.

Ellington: I don't want to stand up (He said while stretching)

Stian: C'mon kid, (I said patting his leg) we have a long day today.

He nodded, and I left the room. I walked downstairs were the rest of the guys were cooking themselves breakfast. I said 'good morning' to everybody and went straight away with cream cheese and toast.

I sat down on the table, and as I chewed my toast, I looked around the table. Everybody looked exhausted, frightening, and messy. Everything was in silence. It felt like a group of zombies just decided to have a meeting, and talk about nothing at all. Fun. Surprisingly, the silence wasn't awkward. It felt like everybody knew that if they said one word that would be way too weird. It wasn't till a couple of minutes that the front door opened and a loud voice came in.

Zack: Good morning boys.

Everybody answered with the least cheerful voice possible. Just like when you wake up in the morning to school, annoyed and tired.

Zack: Where's Ellington, he should be up already.

Stian: I already woke him up, he is just getting ready.

Right after I say that, Ellington appears on the stairway.

Zack: Ah here you are! You have a fun day coming.

Ellington: Sure it will be. (He said rolling his eyes)

Believe it or not, Stian by this point should have already killed Ellington, but since he was still 'learning', he didn't even dare to say a word about it.

Zack: So, Stian, you go with him. Instructions will be said once you finish eating.

Stian: Yes Sir.

Laura POV:

I looked at Italy's beautiful view from the hotel's balcony. I looked at the amazing breakfast I was munching at, a nice warm cappuccino with a fresh from the oven croissant. The luxury of life and the little things that make me happy. I looked behind me, and saw Ross working on his laptop. After all, we still have a job, even if we are not in LA. Los Angeles sounds warm and cozy in my mind, like the period of time between fall and winter were you have endless amounts of blankets and hot chocolates.

I turned back to look at the view in front of me, and heard the balcony door open. Ross sat beside me, putting his own cappuccino on the table, and the laptop on his lap.

Laura: It's a beautiful day.

Ross: Yeah (He said looking at the clear blue skies)

I looked at this wound from yesterday.

Laura: How is your arm?

Ross: A little better, still stings.

Laura: You'll live (I said chuckling and patting his shoulder)

Ross: Yeah (He answered smiling)

We both enjoyed the view and the cozy wind that wrapped our bodies.

Laura: Did you find anything about the guy?

Ross: Stian?

Laura: Yeah

Ross: Not really (He said unsurely) I thought he was some kind of ex-killer, or some kind of link to the government, but I couldn't find anything about him.

Laura: Maybe he is Ellington's friend.

Ross: He could be. I am still planning to call him today.

Laura: Maybe we can meet up with him in a café. He probably known Italy pretty good and its secret places.

Ross: Yeah, he may.

Laura: The sooner we contact him, the better.

Ross nodded in agreement.

After about two hours, we finished all the work we had, and decided it was the perfect time to go outside Italy and relax a bit.

Laura: We can go to the Villa Borghese gardens, sounds like a nice place.

Ross: Yeah, sounds good (He smiled)

We called a taxi to take us there; we paid and started walking around.

Ross: This is a perfect place to take pictures.

Laura: Yeah

While Ross was taking pictures of different things, I decided to take out my new book I was reading, Gone with the Wind, an amazing classical book by Margaret Mitchell. After about 30 minutes, Ross sat beside me.

Ross: You chose a great park.

Laura: Well, I wouldn't offer you to go to an abandoned garage.

Ross: (laughed) true

Laura: So, what you waiting, show me the pictures.

Ross: Right.

He showed me the pictures he took with his old-fashioned camera. He definitely had a talent. Right after he put the camera back into his bag, a tall man sat beside us with glasses on. Not only did it look suspicious, but it looked frightening.

Unknown man: Laura Marano and Ross Lynch?

----------

Do you guys like or dislike Stian? And who is the unknown man? And what do you think is going to happen next? Don't forget to vote, comment <3 and if you want follow me if you want to :) LOVE YOUU BEAUTIFUL WEIRDOS! :*