Chapter 79

Laura POV:

There it was standing. The building that Ross and I entered about two weeks ago. The building were I met Darren. The building were my nightmare started.

I got out of the taxi following Ross, and thanked Nicollo. We walked towards the building while hearing the loud engine's taxi roar. Ross opened the door for me and sent me a small smile while I walked through the door.

Laura: Thanks (I said softly)

Ross: No problem (He replied)

We walked around the building looking for James's office. After we stopped wandering around the floors, we finally found it.

Ross: Are you ready? (He whispered to me)

Laura: No (I said honestly)

Ross: You know it's either right now, or later with more consequences.

Laura: I know.

He slid his hand on my arm, until he reached mine. He held my hand letting me know safety is around. Ross let go of my hand and knocked on the door.

James: Come in (His voice appeared from the other side of the white door)

Ross looked at me looking for approval. I nodded, and we stepped in the room. The recognizable face took off his glasses and looked at us in shock.

James: R-Ross, Laura. What are you doing here? (He asked confused)

Laura: We came to talk. (I said with a little confidence added to my voice)

James: Uh, I don't know if this is the right time-

Ross: It is the right time! (He interrupted him)

James: Ok (He sighed) Sit down. (He pointed to the chairs that were standing in front of us)

We sat on the chairs and looked at James.

James: So, (He chuckled nervously) did you like your vacation?

Silence. No answer. Intimidation. Fear. We came here for something else you dumbass and you know for what, so your 'changing conversations' tactic won't work on us.

Ross: Darren Nichols Williams. Explain. (He said loud and clear)

James: He is just an actor. (He said looking at the pen that laid on his desk)

Ross: C'mon James, we really don't have all day.

James: I have the rights not to tell you. (He finally looked up)

Laura: So, you do know something.

James: I didn't said that.

Laura: But you made it clear.

Silence filled the room again.

Ross: Well, good luck being in jail. (Ross said standing up from the chair)

Immediatly when Ross said "jail" he reacted.

James: Fine, just don't tell the police.

Ross looked at me while sitting back on his chair.

Laura: We'll think about that based on the information you will tell us. Which means everything.

James sighed knowing he had no other choice.

James: Zack Huber is Darren's real name. 27 years old, serial killer, and searched by the International Police.

My eyes widened. He lied to me all this time, and Ross was right. I gulped harshly.

James: 3 months before you guys came, he came to my house, tracked me down. I was just a mechanical engineer, with a wife and a son. No idea about cinematography. I used to be in jail for 5 years, and I hoped I was never coming back. Zack threatened me in doing all this job, and if I didn't, he would kill my family. He offered a lot of money to keep my family alive while I was away.

Depression was the only thing that described what he said.

James: When he talked to me, he wanted to create the ultimate plan. He called it "The Ace Plan". He told me two names, which was yours and he told me you are going to be the main victims. I asked why you?

He looked at us, but mostly Ross.

James: Does Ellington Ratliff sounds familiar?

Ross: He is my bandmate.

James: Figured..

Laura: In the camera room in the mansion, we found pictures and Ell was there.

James: Zack and his gang went to that mansion to install the cameras, you were never supposed to know about the computer and camera room, but since you did, you know a little more.

Ross: How is Ellington involved?

James: Ellington Ratliff was Zack Huber's classmate in school, that is why they chose you. They were really good friends, but then Zack started to do all this bad stuff, and Ellington left from his life to avoid bad vibrations. He thought choosing you would be perfect.

Laura: Why?

James: He created the plot of this movie. The idea of the mansion was to get you together and fall in love with each other. Then you were going to be kidnapped at one point, and kill you either way.

Laura: Psychopath much.

James: The thing is, Ellington is in Italy to "spy" on you guys, but I was betting he would just help you to get out of this problem.

Ross: Oh...

Ross stood up and leaned on the wall facing it.

Ross: That was my worst fear. Letting my family in this problem. (He said with a cracked voice)

I looked at him worriedly and faced James.

Laura: Is there a way to get out of this problem without any blood shed on the ground?

James: Yes

Ross: How? (He asked turning around to face him)

James: Ruin his plan.

He started to talk about the upcoming events Zack was planning to do. He gave us ideas, so Ross and I could discuss them later. He gave us the number of a guy named Stian.

Laura: Who is Stian?

James: He is part of Zack's gang, but he is the good guy. Trust me, you can talk to him anytime.

Laura: Ok... (I said putting the phone number in my purse)

James: That is all I know, we will probably never see each other again, so I wish you good luck.

Laura: Um.. Why-

James: You have to go, don't want to get caught.

Ross grabbed my arm and we left the room running outside of the building. And a gun was shot...

----------

Happy 4th of July! I know it was yesterday, but I hope you had fun. I also hope you enjoyed this chapter, and we are so close to 600k reads which is insane! Thank you for 14.2k votes and 1.8k amazing reviews that I love to read! Your support literally means a lot to me (: In case you guys didn't knew, I entered the Watty's Awards 2015! I believe we are strong to do this. Love you! <3