Chapter 67

Riker POV:

The whole day went by fast. I was looking out for Rydel like in the good old days. Even though I'm her brother and I'm a protective one, I still feel scared for her. It haunts me everyday that something bad will happen and she will just slip from me.

Rydel: hey.. (She said having a little sadness in her voice)

Riker: hey (I softly smiled at her)

I was sitting on the couch and I looked at her as she sat beside me.

Rydel: what were you thinking about?

Riker: what do you mean? (I asked knowing what she meant)

She gave me a look.

Riker: nothing important (I looked at her so she would believe me)

Rydel: ok (she nodded)

Silence filled the room and I felt the need to ask the question.

Riker: how are you feeling?

Rydel: I've been worse (she looked down)

I knew what she was talking about when she said that. I wish I could help her to get over all the bad things. She doesn't deserve this pain.

Rydel: I'll go upstairs.

Riker: ok

Here I was. In the room alone. Everyone were in their rooms doing whatever their hearts said. Then I heard one of the room's door open.

Ryland: hi! (he said cheerfully)

Riker: hey! (I tried sounding cheerful just like him)

Ryland: Any plans for tomorrow? (He sat in the same place as Rydel did a while ago)

Riker: Not really? Why? (I looked at him)

Ryland: We could plan a brother day with Rocky.

Riker: Hmm.. (I thought looking at the opposite from where Ryland was sitting)

Ryland: come on! (He hit my shoulder in a brotherly way) We will have fun

Riker: (chuckled) ok, what about Rydel?

Ryland: She will hang out with Mom

Riker: (I nodded understanding)

Rydel POV:

I sat on my bed after I left Riker. I felt a little lonely, but I knew my brothers were still here for me. I did really miss Ellington. I knew I still liked him, and it hurt. A lot. I grabbed my phone and put the song "Love in the 21st Century" by Neon Trees. The song says the truth. Those good old days. Then I heard knocking.

Rydel: Come in! (I opened my eyes widely)

Rocky: oh hey.. Sorry if I scared you (He smiled)

Rydel: (chuckled) It's ok

Rocky: Can I sit.. (He pointed to a spot beside me on the bed)

Rydel: Sure (I patted the place to show him where to sit)

He sat beside me and smiled when he heard the chorus of the song.

Rocky: I love this song (He whispered to himself)

Rydel: (I smiled)

That smile that I did, it felt like the first one of the day. Bless Rocky for making me always smile.

Rydel: So.. Any reasons you came here? I mean (I chuckled again) not trying to be rude, you know

Rocky: Oh, well I just wanted to spent time with you, you know. Ellington left for a week, so I don't want you to feel alone. (He wrapped an arm around me and shook me. A brother-sister way.)

I smiled for a second time, but this one felt special. I smiled inside and outside. I wanted to say something, but it couldn't escape from my mouth.

Rocky: (laughed a little) you're welcome

Rydel: (I looked up at him) how did you knew?

Rocky: You are my sister, do you any need more answers? (He smiled)

Rydel: (laughed) no

Ellington POV:

I was sitting beside Stian. Seats 21 F and G. The flight went like this: I closed my eyes thinking I will fall asleep and never wake up, eating chicken with pasta, and honestly, airplane food is one of my least favorites. Sometimes, I would take my phone and try to text Rydel, but I couldn't think of the pain that was haunting her because of me. Which killed me.

There were also times were I would look at Stian and we would chat for two minutes, or three. It didn't matter how much. At least I had some company that would take my stress for a second.

Ellington: So.. (I tried to make conversation with him)

Stian: Yes?

Ellington: What do you think about Zack? (For a moment, I regretted that question)

Stian: (shrugged) I don't care about him (He said not looking at me)

Ellington: Then why do you work for him? (I asking not understanding his actions)

Stian: Money young boy. Money.

Ellington: You only do this for money?

Stian: As much as that sounds selfish, yes. To keep my family together.

Ellington: (I nodded) I'm sorry

Stian: For what? (He looked at me)

Ellington: That you need to work with this asshole.

A silence filled between us for at least two minutes, and then I heard the last words from Stian on that flight.

Stian: Don't we all feel sorry Ellington Ratliff? Don't we all?

And the truth of life, has just begun.

----------

Hey Beautiful People! Thank you for all the belated b-day wishes, I appreciated each one of them. Your support makes this story keep going on and on and on. In January 16 I reached 300k reads! Thank you SO much for that guys! I couldn't make it without you <3 And with any further, have a great day or sweet dreams, love you all!