Chapter 77

Ellington POV:

I walked downstairs. Slowly, like if the world had stopped for a moment. A feeling of tension ran through my body.

I walked up to the kitchen, and everyone were sitting doing whatever their life permitted them to. Two of the guys sitting glanced at me, but then ignored me. I looked around to see if I could find Stian.

Stian: Ellington

A looked to see who called my name. Stian was standing with a calm face and motioned with his hand to come with him. I nodded. Fear crawled through my body and I could feel my heart beat faster than normal. I clenched my fists.

Stian opened the metal door that lead downstairs. The walls were still cement. No color. Horror climbed the walls. I immediatly regreted doing this. See, it's not the stairs that scared me or the walls, it's the ending of it. Pitch black. Nothing, like you are walking to your own death.

Stian: C'mon (He said pointing to the stairs)

I nodded deciding not to reply. I walked down, holding the walls for support. I looked down to my feet and saw the stairs were uneven. This is to kill yourself before you reach the end, because you don't really want to know the ending. I thought.

I did it carefully and before the stairs ended, a hand gripped my shoulder. I felt someone breathing on my neck.

Stian: If you are scared, he is going to know. (He whispered on my ear and let go off my shoulder)

I turned to look at him, but his gaze never met mine. I decided to continue the journey to "death". Once my foot stepped on the floor, something creaked. The floor is wooden, definetely. My eyes investigated the room. Nothing. You could not see a single freaking thing.

As a normal human, I wanted to ask why was I there, but my mouth felt dry and my brain did not function anymore. Great. I took a few steps into the dark room and then a light appeared. A dim light.

It was above a desk, I couldn't work my mind out to know what material it was. There were maps, notebook, pens, and the most terrifying thing. A gun. I gulped harshly letting my fear drown.

Ellington: S-Stian I-

Zack: Take a sit.

This is it. I was in trepidation. He can't kill me, he needs me. I remember what Stian told me a while ago. "If you are scared, he is going to know".

I slowly turned around to face Zack who was beside Stian.

Ellington: Zack... (I mumbled beneath my breath)

Zack: The one and only (He smirked) C'mon, sit.

He pointed to the chair that stood in front of the table. I walked to the chair, sat, and it immediatly creaked loudly like if it was about to break. I layed my eyes on the maps and the gun. So shiny, so addictive, yet so dangerous. I took a deep breath.

Zack: Isn't it beautiful? (He asked walking towards the desk and taking the gun)

Before I knew the gun was pointed a me.

~Back to LA~

Riker POV:

I looked at her. She was definetely hiding something from me. I pulled out from our position and sat straight.

Rydel: Riker-

Riker: Not now.

She nodded and looked down at her lap. I stood up from the bed and looked at the window. What's life without the problems?

Since I was little, Rydel never could keep a secret from me. I always knew what were her feelings, what she did wrong, and we always kept it like that. This time, it was different. There was something wrong, and I needed to figure it out.

I didn't realize I was staring at the window for a long time when Mom came in.

Stormie: Here you go Rydel. (She said sitting on the spot I was sitting earlier.)

Rydel: Thanks Mom, I think I can eat by myself.

Stormie: (Chuckled) I know you do, just don't spill it on the covers.

Rydel: Ok Mom.

Stormie: Riker? (She asked standing up)

Riker: Hm? (I looked at her)

Stormie: Look out for your sister, make sure she doesn't pass out again.

I looked at Rydel who glanced at me, but right away continued to eat her soup.

Riker: Always Mom.

Stormie: Good. (She smiled, and left the room.)

I reached my hand to my back pocket to grab my phone and scrolled through some songs. What should I listen? I plugged in my headphones, put them on, and clicked on "Sugar" by Maroon 5.

I sat on Rydel's chair, and tapped my fingers on the desk following the beat of the music. I looked at Rydel who just finished eating, and laid down to take a rest. I took a deep sigh.

I closed my eyes listening to the next song on my playlist and felt a soft tap on my shoulder. I paused my music and looked who it was.

Riker: Oh, hey Rocky. (I said whispering taking off my headphones)

Rocky: Hey, I gotta talk to you. (He whispered back)

I looked at Rydel. She is going to be fine if I leave for about 5 minutes. I motioned Rocky to go to the door, and he did so. We walked to his room and sat on a small couch.

Riker: So, what's up?

Rocky: Well, Ellington called me, and I told him about Rydel.

Riker: Ok, and what's the problem.

Rocky: His voice, he seemed unsure, like... It didn't sound right.

I looked at Rocky. Between all of us, Ellington is like a brother to Rocky. Their friendship is unbelievable.

Riker: (I sighed) Are you sure?

Rocky: Yah, I feel like he is in some kind of trouble.

The conversation stopped for a moment.

Riker: Rydel told me he is in Spain, right now...

Rocky: Yes, we could find his phone though.

Riker: Ok, let's do that.

Right away, Rocky pulled out his laptop and went to a program.

Rocky: What's his phone number?

I dictated him the number and he quickly typed it.

Rocky: Ok, it's looking for it.

We wait for a couple of minutes, when the computer started to do a 'beep' noise.

Riker: What is it?

Rocky looked at the computer and his eyes turned shocked.

Riker: What?

Rocky: He is not in Spain, he is in Italy.

Riker: Were Ross and Laura are...

-----

Hey guys! ☺️ What will happen to Ellington? What are Riker and Rocky going to do? Was it a mistake Riker left Rydel alone in the room? Figure it out in the next chapters! Thank you for all your support! 😍