Mon-amour

"So Mr Kartik Goenka do you take Naira Singhaniya as your lawfully wedded wife"the minister sitting at the left side of the table asked making me look at Kartik who was sitting beside me,in front of the table stood the two witnesses who are probab...

"So Mr Kartik Goenka do you take Naira Singhaniya as your lawfully wedded wife"the minister sitting at the left side of the table asked making me look at Kartik who was sitting beside me,in front of the table stood the two witnesses who are probably his bodyguard and maid only, none of my family, friends are here to see my destruction!!!!!

None of them!!!!

I stared at him who had a smirk wiped across his face, his hand held mine and he bought it near his lips, and pecked the back of my hand and nodded looking towards the minister "Yes i do"

He looked at me with a wider smirk, and rolled his tongue across inner cheek, trying to hide his excitement and conceal his smirk.

I looked down at my lap as I felt the pool of tears building in my eyes.

"Naira Singhaniya"the minister's soft yet rough voice echoed in my ears and I knew what's coming next, my breath hitched as I stared down on my laps waiting for him to say what he wanted.

"Do you take Mr Kartik Goenka as your lawfully wedded husband"i closed my eyes frustratedly,curling my hands into a fist slowly i looked towards the minister staring at him my eyes shouting 'NO' but he can't read my eyes right?

I need to speak…in fact shout that i don't want to marry this monster who killed my best friend sometime back, who just wants my destruction, i don't want to!!!!

"Do you take Mr Kartik Goenka as your lawfully wedded husband"The minister asked again after couple of seconds finding me staring at him his voice sounding a bit demanding but seems like my voice froze in my throat no words coming out, my mind is in dilemma to say yes or no!!!

I have to say no but that will cost my family!!!

"Do you take Mr Kartik Goenka as your lawfully wedded husband?"the minister asked the third time and looked towards Kartik with a questioning expression.

I snapped my head towards Kartik and then at my thigh and then back at him!!

He had his hand on my thigh making circles making my body shiver and feel something.

He just winked at me and smirked as he looked back towards the minister.

"Do you-"before he could say anything.

"I do"i said horsley, and looked at Kartik who smiled softly (pretending to be soft while his eyes screamed the proudness of victory)

The minister nodded with a smile and forwarded the register "sign here"he said.

Kartik nodded as he signed the paper while I stared at the documents, not my marriage certificate but my death certificate which I am gonna sign soon!!

Funny isn't it?

"Here mon-amour"he said forwarding the pen and guiding me where to sign as i held the pen shivers ran through my spine and i felt something in my throat nervousness build in me while my vision got blurred as i kept the nib on the paper, closing my eyes and taking deep breath i let out a sigh and signed the paper and kept the pen on the table.