love Can't be undo

"What's wrong?" he asked softly, his face filled with concern, and a lump forming in his throat as I gazed at him.

"Naira," I pushed myself upright, sitting on the bed, my hands gesturing wildly. I tightly embraced him, ignoring my queasy feeling. Tears streamed down my cheeks.

"Shush, Naira! It was just a dream! Just a mere dream; he's with you! Here!" I sobbed and pulled him closer.

He sighed and drew me closer, patting my head as he rocked back and forth. "Are you alright?" he asked.

I nodded and whimpered, "Nothing," my voice barely escaping my lips.

Despite my attempts to stop him, he broke the hug and frowned when he saw me crying. His hand gently reached for my cheek, brushing his thumb over my tear-stained skin.

The frown deepened. "What's wrong, mon amour?"

My lips quivered, and I looked at my fidgeting fingers. "Please don't hate me," my voice was a weak whisper, barely audible. But he heard it; he shook his head. "Why would I hate you...?"

"You'll hate me after whatever I did with you," I ended up crying, sobbing uncontrollably. I felt like I deserved the hate.

He shook his head, pulling me into a hug and patting my back. "Sshhh... breathe, Naira," he mumbled soothing words, and it felt like magic.

"Now," he broke the hug and wiped away my tears. "Here," he said, offering me a glass of water from the table.

I mouthed a thank you and gulped down the whole glass in one go. His hand rested on my forehead, and he sighed in relief. "Thank God the fever... is gone," he muttered to himself, then turned to put the glass back on the side table.

"Um, how long have I been like this...?" Everything was a blur in my memory, even that dream. I couldn't recall what I felt, and my mind was numb.

My eyes drifted to the wall clock. It was 7 p.m.

"Three days," Kartik cleared his throat. I nodded, recalling faint memories and shuddering in fear.

"Can you tell me exactly why you thought I'll hate you?" I stared at him while he searched my eyes, waiting for my answer.

My lips tightened into a thin line, and I explained everything to him, describing what I had dreamt about.

He sighed heavily, got up, and wrapped his arms around me. He stroked my head, pressing his lips to my forehead, and whispered in the softest voice, "I'll never." In that moment, all my worry and fear melted away like blood seeping from a deep cut.

Tears welled up in my eyes, and I couldn't explain the happiness I felt. I clung to him, resting my head on his shoulder.

My body shook with a lack of energy, and I found myself climbing onto his lap to find something to lean on. He chuckled softly, kissed the back of my head, and continued to stroke my hair.

When I opened my blurry eyes, I saw someone standing at the door's threshold, frozen in place. I blinked away the tears and recognized him – Kunal. His lips twitched, tears glistening in his eyes as he watched me. I broke the hug, and he noticed me staring, looking away while inhaling a deep sigh.

Kartik followed my gaze and turned to Kunal, who now wore a smile. He walked up to me, holding a tray in his hand.

"You should eat something."

"Are you ok?"I asked Kunal who helped me walk out of the restroom after helping me do the chores like washing my face and changing.

I looked around in the room in search of Kartik but he wasn't there- where is he?

Kunal just hummed in response and helped me sit on the bed, the weakness was still there as i felt dizzy again.

"Here"he lifted the spoon filled with soup near my lips, tears brimming in his eyes again and his voice sounded ragged and heavy.

I sighed and placed my hand on top of his other hand resting on my bed, and kept the spoon in my mouth, drinking the soup.

He chuckled as I made a sound, a soft moan of appreciation and lifted another spoonful of the soup.

"What's troubling you-"

"He loves you" i couldn't complete the sentence when his words hit my ears and I stared at him dumbfounded at what he was talking about, I frowned.

"Kartik-"

I waited for him to justify his words.

"The way i saw him - when he- "he was losing words his eyes were tearing out. I squeezed his hand.

"He was vulnerable but he still took care of you all this while he was beside you all this time till you opened your eyes.....he- really-loves you" I know he do- and so does Kunal the pain in his eyes was envy yet pain.

"And what about you- do you love me?"

He looked at me abruptly not expecting the questions.

"I do"he whispered, and forwarded another spoonful of the soup.

I smiled sadly and drank it, "Why? it's high time you should forget bout me"

"Because love Can't be undo" he smiled and wiped the corner of my lips.

"Like you can't unlove Kartik for whatever he did- I can't unlove you"he chuckled to himself and forwarded me another morsel.

The lump formed in my throat and tears filled my eyes as I drank the last spoon from his hand.

"I don't deserve -"

"You do-trust me you do"he propelled himself on his feet, withdrawing his hands from mine and himself away from me.

Guilt stabbed in my abdomen like a lethal knife emptying every ounce of me.

"I-i'll be downstairs just lemme know if you need anything - rest - by then Kartik will be back"he turned to leave.

I should've stopped him and hugged him, comforted him but all that came out of my mouth wasn't for him but Kartik.

"Where is he?"

He laughed and shook his head in disbelief "You shouldn't be asking that- "he looked at me over his shoulder and bit his lip in mischief.

"He won't let go off the person who did this to you! Will he?"