"Do you love him?"

Kartik

Kartik

"Kartik, are you seriously trusting her, again"Sana rolled her eyes in annoyance,sitting at the back seat of the car, beside Arjun and Dev who was busy with his phone.

I eyed her from the rear view mirror, and sighed. "Sana you really don't need to worry about it…i know how betrayed you feel….but trust me, she is the same girl you once accepted from all your heart….."she scrunched her eyebrows and snapped her head in my direction.

"If someone made a mistake….you don't need to hate them forever for it" i added, earning a scoff from her,as she looked away.

"She is right Kartik-"Arjun said, like a henpecked husband, agreeing with his wife.

I rolled my eyes, in annoyance, why can't they understand one thing i am trying to convince them about, she isn't the same who once left me, she loves me! More than anything.

And this time it isn't any sick game she is playing. Six years back, I was immature to understand the fake and real, but not now I guess I'm not a kid anymore, I can tell if she is lying or stating the truth.

Her eyes hold the guilt and love, she knows she made a mistake back then, but it's all over now. She is forgiven but still the guilt in her eyes feels like someone stabbing my heart millions of times non stop. Knowing that the reason for this guilt is me somewhere pressurises the wound. 

I shake my head in disbelief " i fucking don't care, you guys are going to meet my wife this time, and i don't want any of you to hurt her, either by actions or words," i started the words in a high pitch warning, and ended up whispering eyeing at the 4 years old Dev, busy playing something in his phone. Thankfully his headphones acted as the barrier, preventing him from hearing anything we were talking about.

"It's all your life Kartik …if you are ready to be hurt again, your choice brother"i looked at the owner of voice beside me, my elder brother, Abhimanyu Malhotra, who gave me a curt nod, agreeing at my words,i smiled weakly at his practicalness.

"But don't forgot what she made you last time"

"Exactly"the two agreed to his words making me lost back into the flashback.

Some hope! Some hope that she still loves me, she can't just leave me like that, there must be some prank, or maybe she must be angry or something. There could be a reason, she blocked me from everywhere, leaving me with no choice other than waiting for her, it's been 2 months, and daily, i wait for her, sitting at pedestal of the stairs of our department building, waiting for her, hoping one day i will see her walking towards me.

But all I meet is disappointment, of not having her anywhere near me, it hurts alot! I am literally nothing but a piece of trash, that's what they call me, the ones who pass by. Seeing me like a beggar, begging for his love. Beard grown, dark circles, turning thinner and paler, day by day.