The patient gained consciousness!

I drove the car while it poured outside, the road was wet and barren, but not more than my mind, which is void, no thoughts!

Only numbness!!!

I am in hurry, hurry to reach my destination. Right now I don't care if my car meets with an accident or anything else, all I want is to get there.

I checked Kartik's phone in my hand again at the destination.

Kartik is at home, sleeping on the couch. I left him there as soon as I got the message on his phone!!!!

I answered the call but it ended before it could, and soon a notification popped on his screen!

"The patient...."I couldn't read it fully from the notification, so I put Kartik's finger on the sensor and soon it opened. I was just curious! And my gut feelings asked me to do so, so I did!

:The patient gained consciousness:

That was the message from someone named Taylor!

I scrolled up, confused, there were reports, x-rays, hospital bills!

With patient name Hadi!

Yes, that's what I wanted to confirm. That is my bestie so ,Without giving a second thought I ran out, with his phone with me!

I parked the car in the parking lot and rushed inside the hospital, my heart throbbing inside my chest, my hands shivering, my breathing heavy, and my mind empty. I ran inside, almost bumping into a nurse, who gave weird looks to me but I ignored him and walked towards the reception.

"Hadi?"I asked him, who looked at me strangely.

"Who are you?"she asked arrogantly, ignoring the urgency in my voice.

"His best friend"I gritted, she regarded me for a few seconds and then finally said "icu no. 4''I nodded and marched towards the hallway, with my hands clenched at my sides.

It's ok!

It's gonna be ok

I don't need to worry.

I peeped into the icu room as soon as I reached there, scared that it could be anyone else!

And I may disturb them.

But it was not my misunderstanding....

It was not....

I saw him...

I really saw him...

There!

In Front of my eyes, a smile flashed on my face,tears were still in my eyes.

I stared at him, who looked dull but alive!

The doctor was examining him, and he was looking pissed!!!

Angry!!!

His gaze fixed at the person in front of him which made me look to my left!

It was his bodyguard I guess.

He didn't shoot him?

But he did it in front of my eyes!!!!

Did he save him!!

But why didn't he tell me!!

Of Course he didn't, he wanted me to suffer!!!

I stared at him, clenching the phone close to me, trying not to cry, not to run to him, hugging him.

He shouldn't know that I was here, he shouldn't know that I know, Hadi is alive!!

I stepped back!!

What if he harms him again!

Kartik is not as he was!!

Because of me!!!

I turned and ran out ignoring everyone around giving me weird looks!!!!!

I don't care about anyone!!!

I need to talk to someone!!!

I need to cry to someone!!!!

So I chose only one person.

Kunal!!