"Wasn't my love not enough?"

HER POV:

HER POV:

I don't know what made him angry so much, he walked upstairs leaving me startled, as he knocked the jar down breaking it into pieces,I looked at his disappearing figure who didn't even care to look back at me.

Still confused about what exactly happened, I decided to make him a sandwich, even if he said he is not hungry, coz being empty stomach is not good for health -

Both of us didn't have our dinner!!!

(✷‿✷)

I cleaned the mess he created, and walked upstairs. I looked around in the room brightened with the lamps for him but he was nowhere there, the couch he sat on before, had more bottles of alcohol.

My lips pressed into a thin line, he hated the ones who drink-

'I hate when people lose their minds when they get drunk," he used to say, but now he himself is drinking too much. Being a drunkard, I kept the plate on the table, as I looked around for him.

Where is he?

I peeped into the balcony,hearing some sounds, and there he was looking at the sky back-facing me. I sighed and walked towards him, not before taking the plate from the table.

He looked at me as I sat beside him on the floor, folding my legs and keeping the plate before us.

"What are you doing here"he said,with a frown, he was completely drunk by now. I could smell alcohol from his breath, his eyes were red, and hairs too messy.

I passed him the plate saying nothing from my mouth but my gestures spoke that 'i bought you this '

He eyed at me and then at the plate and then back at me, he shakes his head.

"No,"he said.

And kept his head on my lap, startling me,

"I will not eat this"he said looking up at me

"U know…u very well know"he whined making me frown.

"What?"he looked at me, with a pout.

"That if I crave for something at midnight…then it's Maggie ….nothing else" he said grumpily, and teared his eyes off me back to the sky.

He was right i knew-

How should I not?

It was our best memory, sneaking out with him and eating Maggie on the roadside,that was the best feeling of course!!!!

But-

But now he is too changed, he drinks, he is stone hearted now, what makes me so sure that he is still that teenage boy who gets midnight cravings for noodles.

"Why did you do this to me-"I looked at him, whose eyes were fixed on the sky-covered with clouds.

I blinked at him, who bought his gaze at me.

"Wasn't my love not enough?"my lips pressed into a thin line as i stared at his face, which had no curtains of anger, monster, or anything else, just pure pain wiped across his face.

I looked away, "You haven't eaten anything since evening…eat the sandwich"i said coldly, he chuckled.

"No"and closed his eyes, drifting into slumber.

While I stared at him who was sleeping on my lap! My hands itched to touch his hair and caressed them, but i kept them closed in a fist beside me, staring at him, with guilt!