Human touch is more healing

Ignoring the questions of my friends I kept her on the bed, with the shivering hands I held her in, a while back, honestly the journey back to our house was the hardest for me, it was the toughest for me to hold back my tears

When I was holding her in a such messy state, in my arms, the feeling was suffocating- the tears stains- the nails mark all over her face, everything about her was a mess, but the physical damage was less compared to the mental damage, the picture of her, of the moment I opened my cabin door, was coming in front of me, again and again enraging me, killing me, the unknown feelings in my throat, the nonstop tears forming in my eyes.

I asked Kunal to drive so that I could hold her close to me because I was falling weak every second, and she is the only one who makes me strong now. She is my weakness and strength.

“Out,” I said sternly, shushing the questions of the two, who complied with what I said.

I sighed and pushed myself up from beside her, and walked up to the door. My eyes fell on Kunal, who told me that the doctor was on her way, I nodded at him softly before closing the door on their faces.

Walking up to the wardrobe I grabbed one of my the most-comforting hoodies of mine along with her undies. Keeping them on the bed I walked into the washroom and returned with a sponge and some water.

Keeping all the things on the bed next to her I climbed near her and removed my jacket from her. The bruises that were blurred back then are clear now! The nail marks- the finger marks, my teeth pressed against each other, as I dipped the sponge in water and squeezed it. 

 〰️

I opened the door after 10 minutes of the knock, and raised my brows at Kunal, who was standing in front of me, worry flashing on his face, I sighed.

“Doctor is here,” he said, after getting a glimpse of my wife.

The frown on her face has lightened, and the bruises are fresh but not that deep. So nothing to worry about. The thing I worry about is the mental damage. I allowed the doctor to walk in, stepping aside. And walked after her.

She sat beside her, and pulled out the stethoscope of her briefcase,” Mr Kapoor & Mr Goenka can you both give me some time to check her” I looked at Kunal standing beside me, looking at her on the verge of breaking- he nods at the doctor and walked out, while I followed him.

“Kartik- what is this stunt now? Is she doing all this to get our sympathy now?-“

“Shut the fuck up Sana-“I cut her crap words in the mid, as fury ran through my veins. My voice startled and scared all of them.

“Kartik” Abhi bhai, said through his tone to get a grip on yourself.

“Sorry-“I sighed and looked up at Sana who stood in tears

“Sana please can we talk about all these later?”I asked her, placing my hands on her shoulder.

Her shoulders shook vigorously under my grip, as a sob left her mouth, and simultaneously her head bobbed.

“Am sorry” she whispered and looked at my guilt-filled eyes “I just- she is gonna be alright” she wrapped her arms around me, tried to give me some comfort through her soothing hug, and walked away.

With Arjun, who nodded at me assuringly.

“Bhai you too-“

“Take care Kartik” I nodded at him.

“Thank you so much, Kunal-“

“You shouldn’t thank me, Mr Goenka, for the things I did for the girl I love,” he said, his eyes glued on the door, I stayed silent, staring at him, does he love her this much- unconditionally, when on one hand I decided to make her life a living hell when she left me. When she refused to be mine.

I can never love someone unconditionally when I know that I won't get anything in return.

Feeling my eyes on her he looked at me” She is your wife- but that won't change she was my wife and I love her”

“How” a frown formed on his face as the audible whisper escaped my lips.

“How could you lo-“my question died in my throat, as the doctor walked after the check I guess.

“Mr Kapoor already told me what has happened, and it’s not good, especially when she is entomophobic.

Facing something you are phobic about will affect the brain in its worst way…”

“Will she be ok?'' my voice came out cracked and broken, the fear to lose her, was most right now. The most inauspicious thoughts coming into my useless head. I found difficulty breathing, as I waited for her to answer that she would be ok.

“I have written the medication,” she said, handing it over to me.

“But human touch is more healing-if you know- just stick by her side in the most comforting and soft way, let the bad thoughts be replaced by the time you give her,” she said and walked past me.

“I’ll drop her in the car” Kunal walked behind her.

An urge to know and kill the person behind it ran through me and I pulled my phone out of my pocket speed dialling my bodyguard’s number.

“I need you to check the CCTV"

〰️

 I stared at the petite sleeping figure, her face glowed under the sun rising by now. But darkness was covering her inside, the fear on her face, the frown-the stir in sleep -I walked towards her and kneeled beside her, taking her hand in mine. The doctor must’ve sedated her, that's why she isn’t up till now. But her heart is working of course, as she stopped stirring and the frown decreased from her forehead.

She pulled my hand to her and hugged it close to her chest as she murmured my name, cuddling it.

〰️

"I want to teach that person behind it a lesson, but I can't find who is behind this- the CCTV was hacked-"I started, hearing the footsteps behind me and it wasn't difficult to guess that the person is none other than Kunal, if there is someone worried other than me right now is him, the question I was going to ask to him, burned on my tongue, but I chose to ignore it, as I gulped the lump along with the question.

"Do you know who -" I continued 

"OLIVIA!"