The maze of nightmares

The maze of nightmare, has finally ended, and I ran out of it after shouting and crying my lungs out, i screamed feeling the bugs flying around me, sitting on my hands, face, eyes, trying to go inside my eyes- ears and mouth, I screamed, and hit myself, trying to get rid of the insects. But nothing came out; it felt as if they were immortal and untouchable.

The more I try to get rid of them, running, jumping or hitting myself, the more they increase. I wandered around, running and running continuously, not stopping, between forests in the desert, on water, I ran from them, those ugly creatures. Who wanted me dead?

I looked around, breathing heavily as soon as I came out of that maze, the familiar place was my bedroom and that was just a dream, I sighed. My chin wobbled, and I closed my eyes, sobbing. "What happened? "The cold voice gained my attention and I looked beside me at the man, reading a book.

His eyes were fixed on the pages, and he didn't care to look up at me, as he turned the page. "Kartik!"I sobbed, crawling closer to him. "Those- those insects-"I stuttered, and rubbed my arm, feeling something crawling up my skin. It was just my hair. I looked back towards him, who was reading the book unaffected as if he doesn't care about whatever is happening with me.

"Those insects are a part of your hell "he said, closing the book. Huh? My brows furrowed as I stared at him confused and shocked. He looked up at me, after keeping the book aside.

"WHAT DID YOU THOUGHT NAIRA, YOU'LL GET AWAY WITH IT SO EASILY "He muttered, with venom in his voice, as he bought his face closer to mine, tears brimmed in my eyes, and my hands shivered as I stared in his eyes, uncoloured of any emotions or anything.

"I hope you liked the gift - Mon amour "he tsk-ed cupping my left cheek, while his other hand pushed my hairs strands falling on my face away, my eyes widened and I gulped. I tried to say words but nothing came out, the feeling of being crippled and unable to do anything other than crying, tears flowed down my eyes and I stared at him, stared at him, that's all I could do.

The poison spreading from my heart to my mind to my whole body, a poison named, he-hates- me, the hate that I saw when I met him after 6 years of hate. Even more than that it was lethal and vicious. "Kartik what are you saying "I whispered, collecting the voice in me, it sounded broken and painful.

But not more than the pain running through my body, pain as if someone is choking me, wrapping his hands from inside my throat and not allowing me to breathe. My head is spinning. His jaw clenched as he snaked his hand on my cheek, to my hairs and he gripped them roughly, pulling it, while his other hand gripped my cheeks roughly.

His teeth gritted against each other, and veins popped on his forehead out of anger, he shivered, under the influence of his anger, and stared at me with venom in his eyes, as he gritted "I can never forgive you- for what you did to me!"

"I promised, that I am going to make your life a living hell, this is just a starting- there is more to come "he said, jerking me away from him, and walking away, leaving me behind.

I coughed, trying to breathe, the oxygen stuck in my throat, didn't help me and I felt the hands around inside of my throat killing me, choking me. My breaths, the breath didn't come out, I tried-I tried to take a breath cough but nothing helped, I crawled out trying to fill my lungs with oxygen but as if my wind pipe was clogged. Tears flowed down my eyes, I threw my hands away.

Trying to breathe! The things fell and shattered around me, and I stumbled all over the room, hitting my chest, trying to suck the oxygen. Kartik-Kartik! Let me go to him, I took a step towards the door but stumbled and ended up falling on the floor, with a thud.

As my back hit the floor, the oxygen returned in my lungs, and I wheezed, taking all the oxygen in me, my body went limp with it. And I stared at the grey ceiling crippled. Kartik's words running through me and lots of pictures flashing on the grey wall, from our first meet to our first date, first kiss, first hug, first outing, when he said he forgive me, when he said he can't forgive me ever when he said he is going to make my life hell. Everything! Everything played in front of me like a movie.

Tears flowed down my eyes "I love you" his words ran in my mind, making my chin wobble, and I closed my eyes, letting out a sob, "I am going to make your life, a living hell" Another sob, continued by cries, I hug my stomach and cried my heart out "This is just the beginning" I cried until the oxygen flew away, and I was hiccupping, I tried to breath. And found it difficult. "I DESERVE THIS"I sobbed, curling up on the floor, and closed my eyes.

Yes I deserve all this, all the hate and punishment, no matter how sorry I am, sins can't be forgiven, I have to pay back and this will be my payback, tears fell down the corner of my eyes and body went still and my breathing stopped.

A hand out of nowhere came above my hand curling around it, making the oxygen return to my unmoving body. The ray of hope, at my falling life, which returned the hope for my living, the warm hand against my skin, felt like a log of wood, while I was drowning in the violent sea.

The log smiled at me, asking me to climb on it, and as I did, I let out a breath before opening my eyes. The owner of the hand stood in front of me, with a worried frown on his face; I withdrew my hands, as his blur face came into focus. Pain flashed on Kartik's face, and he shifted closer to me gulping the lump "ARE YOU OK?" he asked, as I stared at him, then around me, the book he was reading wasn't there.

The things I broke, wasn't there, it was clean and tidy room with everything at its place, it was not the dark room anymore, it was lighted, bright with our love, it was the room we created, after he forgive me, grey walls were white, the black bed sheet was white.

The pain and paleness in his eyes were not because of me, but for me. It was just a nightmare. A bad dream. Worst dream, my breathing went heavy remembering about the dream, as I stared at Kartik.