Chapter 5 (Lexi)

I was sitting in the makeup chair waiting for the makeup artist to complete the look for this photoshoot I'm doing here in Brooklyn. My phone was on the vanity in front of me, but I noticed it lit up and reflected off the mirror. "Want me to hand you that?" The makeup artist noticed too.

"Please" I nodded slightly so she wouldn't poke my eye with the mascara.

When I saw the unknown number I was curious, but when I read the message it clicked for me who this was. *Unknown: Read any good books lately?* I smiled and shook my head at the message.

It's been over a week and I had almost forgotten the sharp suited man I met outside of a rich community's middle school.

Anthony made me curious about him, which doesn't often happen. Something in his aura and demeanor isn't so charming like the rest of his personality is. I want to know what it is. I want to know why he had bruised knuckles.

        *Me: Last book house I visited only had self help books. I don't feel like helping myself, so I skipped the read* I told him. It was actually true. Not just me being a punk. *Unknown: We all need help from time to time* He responded, and I could almost envision the smirk that would accompany this message.

*Me: Oh yeah? Then how can I help you Anthony?*

He didn't miss a beat when he responded, *Anthony: You can say yes to seeing me again. Preferably where minors aren't lingering.*

The makeup artist took a step back and scanned my face. "Okay, hair will be here in just a second" she told me. They needed to fix something in the back. I don't know what, but I nodded to the woman. I picked my phone back up so I could answer him. I don't want to make this easy.

        *Me: Why is that, Anthony? What wouldn't you like minors seeing?* I knew I was instigating. *Anthony: Preferably me pinning you against a wall and having a taste of those sexy fucking lips of yours.* Something inside me tingled with heat. I pictured the thought.

Me up against a wall. A handsome man ravishing my mouth. Yes please.

*Me: I'm not one for kissing strangers* I played hard to get. *Anthony: You weren't one for giving your number to strangers either, sweetheart.* Oh the man is smooth. *Me: Yet here we are...isn't that the line you kept using?* I prolonged the inevitable yes I wanted to truly give him.

There would be some complications with saying yes. I know that, but I really wanna say yes. *Anthony: And where might you be?* He asked me.

         *Me: I'm actually at a photoshoot waiting for someone to finish my hair so I can step out there again.* Again, why do I tell this man anything? I never tell people much of anything. *Anthony: No way. Are you actually?*

I sent him an actual picture of me in front of one of the mirrors where you could see the makeup vanity and the photoshoot backdrop. A sneak peak of me. My phone buzzed shortly after, but I was called on set. It kept me curious the whole time I was shooting, but I'm good at what I do. It takes little effort to make subtle shifts in my movements and expressions to get a range of usable shots.

-

        "Thanks Lexi, you were great" the male photographer was eyeing me up and down. I rolled my eyes and went to the little room where they had me change clothes. I threw my comfort wear back on, but left the face full of makeup. I'll have to clean it at home. I'm usually bare faced. Makeup is for special occasions and work.

When I opened Anthony's message my lip twitched into a half smile.

*Anthony: Fuck! You're literally a knockout. I know you probably always hear it, but if I don't say it I feel I'm doing you a great injustice because fuckkk that face.* I do hear compliments too often, but he was making this fun somehow.