Chapter 13 (Anthony)

My phone was ringing, but I was in the middle of cooking. I wanted there to be food when Giana got here, so she'd have something to eat. The stress isn't good for the baby, and I know she's really stressed out. Still I put the spoon down and quickly grabbed the phone.

"Yo?" I answered. I saw it was my cousin Enzo. I figured it was business related. "Are you with her?" He came right out and asked. "Giana?" I heard him suck his teeth. "No, the virgin Mary. Who the fuck else?" He got snappy. 

I know that attitude isn't even for me. He's stressed for his own reasons too.

        "Not yet" was all I told him. If he wanted to know then he should've said yes when his sister asked him for help. "Don't be a prick. Tell me something" he huffed. "Enzo, what the fuck do you want me to say? She had the appointment thing today, and they're gonna square shit away," I huffed right back. 

"She's alright then?" He hesitantly asked.

He doesn't fool me. He loves his sister, and he's usually protective of her, but she put him in a difficult position when it was his boss who mistreated her. Enzo can't fuck with Dom without shit getting serious. As friends he cussed at him, but he couldn't do shit else about it. And I know it eats at him.

        "How do you think she is? No, she's not alright" I rolled my eyes. I swear these guys are all emotionally stunted fools. "Dad's still livid. It's better she goes to you anyway" he tried easing his conscience. I just put the phone on speaker and rushed to the stovetop so the food wouldn't burn.

"Do me a favor, huh? At least lemme know when she gets there and she tells you everything. Alright?" He asked me. 

"Yeah alright, Enzo" I just agreed with him. We hung up after that. I glanced at the time to see if she'd be getting here anytime soon. Why was I now suddenly feeling anxious? What the fuck do I have to do with it?

         I guess we all feel a little anxious because a lot of people's lives are changing today. For the life of me I can't decide if I'd rather it be Dom or Alessandro's kid. Overall I would rather Alessandro because he's less of a prick, but an evil part of me wants it to be Dom's so it'll ruin his life. 

Harsh? Maybe. But the bastard doesn't make my life very easy.

It's not even about Mia. It's not about that. I guess if the kid was his it would just make him finally held accountable for something. I guess that's what I'd want.

        I hate that I know who Giana's hoping is the father of her kid. She wants it to be Dom. I know she does, even if she never said it out loud. It wouldn't give her Dom the way she wants him though. There would be this lingering tie between them, but she wouldn't win him over. 

He wouldn't date her, or marry her, or leave Mia for her.

As much as I hate the toxic asshole I can honestly say the man has true and definite feelings for Mia. Twisted, dark, demented feelings, but feelings nonetheless. Like a vicious pitbull only loyal to its owner. Take a step too close and you'll get bitten and ripped to shreds.

Actually, that's unfair to pitbulls. I love pitbulls, and most aren't even aggressive. Dom is an animal though. 

         God, you know what, for Giana's sake I really hope this is Alessandro's kid. This is my future niece or nephew here, and I don't like this incestuous web of people involved. Giana is involved with Dom and Alessandro who are cousins. And Giana and I are cousins. And Mia has been with me and Dom. Blah.

-

        Time actually escaped me and I found myself just setting the table when there was already a knock at my door. Here we go. When I opened it I was met by the very pregnant Giana who will be giving birth soon enough. She found out 6 months ago, and had been I think 2 months pregnant already at the time, so it's gotta be soon, right?