Chapter 73 (Lexi)

Ever since Andrei and I had that weird little argument after he showed me pictures of us in childhood, shared memories of a time when he and I apparently got along, I've been tense with him. He never brought up what I said to him at the end of that conversation. When I said it was worse if he actually cared about me as his sister and still accepted selling me off for their business purposes.

We both ignored the uncomfortableness since I'm uncomfortable in this house with these crazy people every day anyways. It all blends in. I was feeling restless tonight. It wasn't very late at night yet, but I could feel the early warning signs of my insomnia.

I go through phases where I can't sleep and I'm up all hours of the night roaming around.

Since I felt restless I decided to go downstairs and make myself some tea. I stopped short down the hall when I started hearing noises. What was that? It went quiet again, so I figured I misheard and started to walk again. Then I heard it repeat. I paused.

Oh for christ sake. Loud moaning. I started to hear all kinds of loud things in Andrei's room at the big finish. I banged on the door and ran downstairs to avoid any more audio of my brother in bed with a woman.

One good thing about a big house was that I couldn't hear him any longer once I reached the kitchen and started opening cabinets trying to find the tea bags. I took my teapot and filled it with water, then I put the stove on and waited for it to boil.

I slid up onto the island in the middle of this kitchen and swung my feet absentmindedly while I waited. A few minutes later I heard echoes of feet coming down the stairs. Andrei's friend must be leaving. He never lets them stay.

Instead of going out the front door my brother actually led this girl into the kitchen. He and she both paused when they saw me on the island.

"Getting her water to go," Andrei whirled to the fridge. I glanced over my shoulder and a gorgeous girl was standing there looking mortified. She probably figures I'm the one that heard the two of them.

"I'm so sorry. I'm embarrassed" the girl actually called it out. I slid off the island as my pot came to a boil. "Don't be. You're entitled to your pleasure" I waved her off. Then I turned directly to my brother. "Where'd you fools put my tea?" I asked him.

The girl's eyes bounced between us. She was surprised by my response. "How the fuck should I know" Andrei shrugged it off and escorted his lady friend out.

I swear if they threw out my tea bags.

I started rummaging through everything and found one. As I steepled my tea I heard the front door close and Andrei's feet padding down the hall. Since there was no more chance of audio porn upstairs I went back to my room with a nice hot cup.

I had literally just put down my mug when my phone started ringing. Anthony.

My heart stuttered in my chest. I've been careful with myself after how I reacted to Anthony's news about screwing around with other girls the same week he fooled around with me. I didn't like my reaction. I needed to keep myself in check, and I have been.

Except when Anthony keeps texting me and now apparently calling me. I felt it was a bad idea to pick it up. I didn't want to hear his sexy voice. It's even hotter over the line of the telephone.

But it rang and rang and I just found myself answering. "What?" I tried for a plain voice. Only I didn't hear Anthony's sexy voice on the line. Not right away.

"Aw, O'Riley, did you make me a slideshow? I'm in the middle of a construction zone here trying to work. Could we do this another time?" I heard him say. I was confused, but something stuck with me. O'Riley? Is that what he just said?