Chapter 6 (Lexi)

I wasn't trying to look like I tried so hard to get ready for this little date of ours. I decided on a simple slip dress since the weather was nice enough. Summer is basically here and I'm excited about it. I wore my hair in its natural soft wave and kept my face bare as I usually do. 

At most I do chapstick and a swipe of mascara for my lashes.

I followed through with the plan to 'order food' and tell Boris about it. He didn't want anything, but none of that matters so long as he thinks I'm in for the night, which I usually am so no surprise there. 

         Five minutes after my food arrived I was out the door. I'll eat it later when I'm home because I'm not eating it now. It was simply a decoy.

I rushed to blind spot one, then two. I ordered a car down the block and gave the pinned address Anthony sent me. I told him I'd meet him there.

        When he'd given me the name of the place I looked it up for myself to see how the vibe might be when I'd been picking an outfit. It's called Dear Irving on Hudson and it's a bi-level cocktail bar that takes up the 40th and 41st floor of the Aliz hotel. The decorum is split between floors.

 One floor had a 1960s James Bond like vibe, while the other floor was more of a modern art deco finish.

I could see that there were nice views across the expansive floor to ceiling glass walls overlooking New York. I'm curious to see which floor Anthony chooses for us. 

When I exited my lift ride I texted him that I was here. He told me he'd been waiting in the lobby, so as he was walking out to come get me I was walking in.

        Anthony was in a white button down with the sleeves rolled to the elbows, and the collar slightly open in a relaxed version of the shirt. He wore dark jeans instead of a suit this time. He looked good and smelled even better. I don't know how to pin down the scent, but it's clean and something else. Something with cooler undertones.

        As we approached each other, his eyes took me in just as much as my eyes had taken him in. He really is handsome. The more I look at him the more of it I notice. "Hey Lexi, you look pretty" he gave me a soft half smile that was melt worthy. "Thanks" I sounded unlike myself.

I cleared my throat and smoothed out my dress. "I'm curious to see which floor you've chosen" I decided to tease him while we entered the elevator to head up.

"Uh oh, is this a test?" He asked me. All the while I was focused on his subtle hand at the small of my back. Even through the thin dress I could feel the heat of his hand on me. I want those hands all over me.

"Not a test. Just a general curiosity" I let him off the hook. 

        "Well, the 41st floor has purple sofas and beads hanging down from the ceiling. I thought the 40th floor might be a more low key vibe to have a drink and a chat" he shrugged. "I want the window bar. It's against the glass, and you'll get a 180 view of Manhattan" he added.

When we reached the 40th floor he led me out with that same hand on my back to guide me.

Hardwood floors, same shade of wood paneled back walls opposite or surrounding the glass. Brownish suede sofas in the center of the room to make a comfortable lounging setup. The bar itself had chrome finishes where the stools in front of it matched.

        As promised, Anthony snagged us a spot on the clear short glass-made bar attached to the overlook. There were stools and I took one, but Anthony remained standing for now. He glanced around and smirked. "My buddy's here. He'll get you any drink you want. Doesn't need to be on the menu" he let me know.