Chapter 109 (Lexi)

I went through a whirlwind of emotions in such a short amount of time when I started arguing with Anthony over something that apparently never even happened. I don't know how to feel about Anthony lying to me about one thing to cover up something worse. But people make mistakes and he owned up to his. He wasn't too proud to say sorry, which I can respect.

When all was said and done we didn't seem to know what to do with ourselves. We stood a few feet apart just looking at each other.

I could sense by his demeanor that he wanted to touch me. He could sense in mine that I wasn't sure if I wanted any of that. He'd admitted to wanting to impress me. I told him the truth when I told him he sorta always has.

That's not me condoning bad behavior. I told him never to lie to me again, and I believe him when he says he won't. He really did buckle under the pressure, which is a good thing for me because I'll be able to catch him in a lie should he ever do that again. 

        "Then...can I kiss you now?" Anthony asked a second time mid stare off. His hands flexed at his sides like he was physically restraining himself. A Darcy ass move. "Why should I let you?" I decided not to give in to him. I should've known better. I should've known Anthony Rizzo could always keep up.

"Because I'm fucking crazy about you, and your lack of touch is driving me goddamn wild" he grabbed me and pulled me flush against him. I sucked in a breath of surprise by the swiftness of it. He restrained himself from kissing me, but he was holding me now. And he dipped his head lower so the temptation of his lips were closer.

        "If you think I'm gonna fuck you after spending the day thinking about you being balls deep in someone else, then you're greatly mistaken" I let him know it. He smirked, which wasn't the response I expected. "I'll just hold you then" he shrugged like he didn't mind it at all.

Anthony let his hands rub up and down my back, pulling me an inch closer when his hands settled on my lower back again. I was already flush against him, I don't know where else he wanted me to go. We were pressed together.

    "Come here" Anthony snaked his arms around me and lifted me up. He walked us into the bedroom and laid me down on my side of the bed. Then he crawled in beside me, pulling my body against his again.

Anthony nuzzled his face into my neck, and took in my scent before I felt his soft lips plant a kiss against my throat. I leaned my head against his since he didn't move away from the crook of my neck.

"It's crazy how quickly someone can become a habit. Not sharing the same bed felt wrong" I heard his deep voice, muffled by his position. "I watched a documentary about that once. On average it takes about two months for a new behavior to become an automatic one. Like a habit" I started talking, but stopped when I heard him chuckle.

"What?" I asked. He shook his head saying it was nothing.

    "We've been married about two months now, haven't we?" He asked me. I paused to think about it. Where the hell has the time gone? It feels like last week, but really it's been two months.

"I guess you've formed the habit then" I shrugged. "I'm okay with that" Anthony popped his head up and hovered his face over mine. The urge to kiss him was very much there.

"I won't kiss you until you tell me I can" he read my thoughts. My eyes couldn't help themselves from looking down at his lips. Soft, shapely, very kissable lips. His stubble looked damn good on him. Made him gruff and manly. He used his large hands to smooth my hair away from my face and leaned forward, but only to plant a small kiss on my forehead.

"That counts" I decided to give him a hard time. "That doesn't count" he scoffed back.

        When our eyes met and lingered I felt this rush going through me. Whatever that look is that he's giving me feels very intense. My hand came up and cupped his jaw, while he used his thumbs to brush at my temples. We were caught up in some moment we didn't even realize we fell into.