Chapter 61 (Lexi)

I was hanging halfway out the window to light my cigarette. I didn't want the room to stink, but I hadn't had one in a while, and now that I could take a full breath without shooting pain I wanted it. 

The lighter flick flicked, but the flame wasn't strong. I shook the lighter looking for the remnants of gas to strike her up. I flicked again and this time the flame held steady for a minute. I sucked until the tip turned red and orange. Then I blew out the smoke.

        I've officially forfeited my apartment. It really pissed me off, but Dmitriy was pushing for it. He had my stuff moved out before I could even argue the fact. I was livid when I found that out. Don't ask me where he might have gotten a key.

So for now I'm stuck in the Petrov stateside residence. There are guards posted at the gate and around the property, only these guys are deeply loyal to the Bratva and won't be coming for me. Men with big guns strapped to their chests is my new normal. I thought having Boris was bad. Oh how I wish for him again. In this house...I can't sneak out past all that.

        Today however I informed my guards that I was going to be visiting Giana Rizzo and her newborn child. Vitaly okayed it, so after this cigarette I'll be on my way. The kid's cute and all, but that's not why I'm actually visiting Giana's new condo. No.

After the horror show at that safehouse I decided something. I decided I was going to teach the women how to use guns. How to defend Themselves. The Italians seem to shelter their delicate women. 

Yeah, us Russians don't do that and it's one time I'm grateful for it.

        There was a little hesitation on both Giana and Mia's part when I informed each of them that I would be training them how to shoot. I pushed the matter and both conceded at some point. I know those two don't get along, but too bad. I'm not splitting my time and teaching the same thing twice. 

They'll have to learn to be in a room together...I'll just make sure the weapons aren't loaded. Mia asked if Sophia could come too. I said the more the merrier.

-

        We decided to all meet at Mr & Mrs. Rizzo's home for the lessons because they have many acres of land, and apparently when Enzo and the boys were young they set up targets way back into the woods that still exist today. 

Giana had the baby and we were planning around the baby's naptime. Mrs. Rizzo was content keeping an eye on her first grandson. She's had Daisy to spoil for a few years now, but a mini Rizzo boy running around the house, I'm sure she's thrilled.

        Don't ask me how Sophia and Mia could make gun training look stylish, but they found a way with their designer boots that almost looked like the kind you use for horse riding, with their matching outfits that could almost be compared to hottie camo costumes. 

It's hard to explain, but it looked expensive and it was. Giana was a little more lowkey than that. Being a new mother and all. She looked exhausted.

"Right, ladies, are we ready?" I asked. Sophia linked her arm with Mia's and said, "Yes sir." Her hair is a more yellowish blonde, but the roots are dark like her natural color. It was tied back.

"I'm starting you off with bebe guns so all of us leave with all our limbs and organs. I set cans over there...hit them" I pulled bebe guns out of the duffle bag I'd carried out here with me.

        I don't know how many acres the Rizzo's own, but there was a lot of land here. It's out beyond the fenced portion of their home, which is the part they consider the 'yard', but if this were my land I would utilize it.