Chapter 103 (Anthony)

Something clenched in my gut when Vitaly Petrov hopped to his feet to rush towards his daughter. Something swelled in my chest when Lexi answered his last question. He asked who the fuck she thought she was. Her answer surprised me.

"I'm Lexi Rizzo" she stated so proudly.

Looks were exchanged around the room. I couldn't keep track of it all because I was watching Vitaly very closely. One flinch towards his daughter and I'll deck him. As dangerous as it may be.

"Why don't you have a seat, Mr. Petrov. I can talk to Lexi myself and explain things under less tense circumstances" Dom's deep voice broke through the tension. It made me glance his way. I'm surprised he didn't label this a 'Russian problem'.

"Why don't you go ahead and shut up, unless you want me to headbutt you in the face again. This time I'll aim to break it" Andrei ran a thumb across his nose. Dom jumped to his feet as best he could being inside the half circle where the table restrained him.

They weren't sitting side by side, because Alessandro had been smart enough to keep them apart when he slid into his seat earlier. Still they tried grabbing for each other right over him.

"Stop" I pulled at Dom to bring him to his senses. Things were already too thick. Tense.

Dmitriy grabbed for his brother, but his eyes blazed into Domani. "I'd watch myself," Dmitriy warned Dom. Dom doesn't take kindly to threats. I knew this sit down went very south very fast. "Or fucking what?" Dom growled out.

"Will you all STOP IT. This isn't a goddamn pissing match" Lexi shouted at all of us. Vitaly had been momentarily distracted by the altercation, but her voice brought him back around. He grabbed her arm and yanked her closer.

Before my brain could think my body reacted. I just about lunged at the man, but Dom had a quick reflex and he grabbed me. Hard. He managed to keep me back, but just barely.

Vitaly started yelling in all types of Russian that sounded both harsh and mean. Lexi tried to hold strong. I could see in her stiff posture that she was uncomfortable with his hold on her and his snapping jaws. She didn't back down though. Instead she came to her senses and ripped her arm free.

        Vitaly started talking to his sons in what sounded like giving out orders. Both Petrov brothers slid out of the booth while Vitaly took Lexi's upper arm again, starting to drag her off. Not happening. "LET GO" I snapped at Dom, pulling to stand up. I heard someone curse when I hopped to my feet.

"Get your fucking hands off her" I warned the Russians. Dmitriy turned around and stopped his body like a wall in front of me. Andrei came up beside him.

"Don't make a scene, Rizzo. This is a family matter" Andrei offered me a fair warning. Fuck that though. She might still be their blood, but she isn't a Petrov anymore. She doesn't have to deal with their 'family' bullshit.

"Don't make me run you down" I warned him right back. Dom was now beside me. All of us tall. All of us fit. When I realized Vitaly was already out of the restaurant with Lexi in tow my response became more urgent. Before I knew it we all started pushing one another, and Alessandro came rushing over to try and break it up.

He hollered out for the staff in the back room. If someone came out I didn't even notice. My eyes were on the Russians. I know how hard Andrei can swing.

"Fuck you" I heard one spat, and then another.

I managed to get around them and ran out the front door ready for anything. Or at least I thought so. When I came flying out Andrei was right behind me. All in time to see Vitaly and Lexi in a screaming match.