Chapter 59 (Anthony)

I tried to talk myself out of doing it, but it'd been a rough day and I was craving her voice. I wanted my head clear for tomorrow, so I stopped fighting my logic and called Lexi. It was late at night so I figured she was most likely alone. It only took three rings for her to answer.

"Hey, everything okay?" She asked. I hesitated a second. Should I not have called?

"Uh, yeah, everything's fine. I was just checking in on you I guess. How are you feeling?" I asked her, guising my actual reason for calling. It was just to hear her voice, but I'd never be a pussy and admit that out loud.

"Oh, I'm alright. Sore, but these pain meds are elite" she stated in that famous borderline sarcastic tone of hers. Now that I think about it she and Andrei kind of share that trait. I know she and Andrei didn't fully grow up together, so the sarcasm must be ingrained in their dna.

"Have you talked to Andrei today?" I asked before my brain caught up to my mouth. Why would I ask that? Actually, I know exactly why I asked that. I wanted to know if Andrei was blabbing about what happened tonight, and I wanted to know if Lexi heard about it.

I don't want her too. I know she has this image of me as being the smooth guy in the sharp suits. I'd rather it stay that way. I know she doesn't look very highly on her violent brothers. I wouldn't want her to look at me with the disappointment she holds in her eyes when she looks at them.

"Lex...I just needed to talk to someone who has a prettier voice than Andrei. He wouldn't shut up. My ears are still buzzing" I decided to try for humor. It worked. I heard her laugh on the other end of the line.

"Oh you poor thing. I pity you," she teased me, "he's taken a liking to you, which is not a good thing" she added. I wanted to ask why, but I felt that might open the exact topic I was trying to avoid.

"How about you? Still liking me?" I asked her in a more smooth tone. Flirty. "Have I ever taken a liking to you?" She retorted in her Lexi-like fashion. "I think I can recall a time or two that you at least enjoyed me burying my cock inside you. I recall a lot of moaning telling me just how much you liked it."

She laughed lightly and it was almost breathy. It made me wanna be there next to her. The image of her bare chested in my bed, on her elbows chatting with me, surfaced in my mind. I'm not supposed to hold so much weight to that time shared between us. It was meant to be carnal and brief.

That's what I wanted, and in a way that's what I got. Only now we have a common link for the rest of our lives. That I never bargained for.

"Thinking of you buried inside me only makes me feel empty between my legs" she said. My cock stirred at her words. "Is that where you'd want me right now? Between your legs?" I asked her, voice dropping an octave. She hummed.

"Yes, I definitely do. I might have been a virgin like a month ago, but now I spend a great majority of my time thinking about sex. I think I really like sex" she said. It got a deep chuckle outta me. But it also brought a craving from inside me.

"If I knew you were a virgin...I would've done things differently" I told her. I feel guilty for how things happened. I came on strong to her and she let me. I probably overwhelmed her and hurt her and I didn't know it.

"No, you wouldn't have done it at all if I told you. It's why I didn't," she countered, and she was right. I wouldn't have taken her on if I knew. I'd have realized how young she was and backed off. 

"Not very fair taking my choice away though, was it?" I asked her. She's always talking about it being her body her choice, but she didn't extend the courtesy to me. Lexi went quiet for a minute after I said that.