Chapter 35 (Anthony)

After details were sorted and deals were officially made we wrapped up this tense meeting and Dom offered the men a refill on drinks and entertainment. I stayed in business mode and ignored Lexi and my cousin at the bar. I was feeling annoyed and I didn't want to show it.

I'm kind of pissed at Enzo for leaving me out of the loop on this big plan of his and Dom's. I'll be mentioning it as soon as these fuckers leave.

     They won't immediately ship Lexi off to Enzo. Now that the deal is made there's gonna be a lot of bullshit encounters. Us inviting them to our family things, and them having us formally over, and even set up dates for Enzo and Lexi to get to know each other a little bit.

There is no set wedding or something. The intention has only been set. A ring will eventually come or the Russian's will get antsy. But all in due time.

For now, Andrei took to the card table with some of the guys and Vitaly was calling over one of his big, meaty security men whispering to him and pointing at Lexi. I can't look. I won't look.

        "Aleksandra" I heard Vitaly call for his daughter. She looked over her shoulder at him and her expression was clear. Contempt. Total contempt for her father and what he's doing to her in the name of business.

Vitaly ignored her glares and waved her to walk over to him. I watched her excuse herself from Enzo and go across the room to him.

Damn her for that sexy skirt. All I wanna do is shove it over her hips and fuck her good and hard from behind. Bent over the card table, over the back of the brown leather chairs, or across the bar, her choice. I just want my hands on her right now and I can't. My dick isn't too happy about that.

        Vitaly told his daughter something and made her say a respectful goodbye to Dom for being the boss who is hosting them, and then Enzo who will be expecting a visit to her very soon. She didn't say bye to me. She couldn't say bye to me even if she wanted to. 

All I could do was watch that bodyguard walk her out of the room and the door shut behind her.

The Petrov men stayed. I no longer held interest in being here. I was pissed off at half the room. I have to stay a little bit longer then I will respectfully get the fuck outta here.

-

        It felt like time dragged on all night, but eventually I found myself in Enzo's car with him driving home. I was quiet on the ride over to my place so when we got there Enzo parked and looked right at me.

"What's with you?" He finally asked. I licked my teeth and turned in my seat.

"Why the fuck wasn't I told about all your little plans with Domani? Since when do you leave me out of things?" I asked him with obvious anger in my tone. He didn't like that. He bulked up his chest and tightened his hand on the wheel.

        "It was all last minute. Dom wasn't sure how to go about this without the Russian's trying to shoot us in the face for disrespecting them. The titles are more for show. Me and Elio agreed to Dom's idea of moving me up in rank to offer me marrying the girl instead" he shrugged it off.

"So I had to learn about my promotion to underboss at the same time the Russian's did? I felt fucking unprepared in that sit down, which was fucked up seeing as you assholes have been putting the pressure on me to get this deal right. I should've known" I argued with him.

I wasn't screaming or nothing, but I was pissed off. He knows it too.

"Alright Anthony, what the fuck you want me to do about it now? Christ. I'm the one getting into a fucking arranged marriage. You don't hear me complaining this much" his attitude was starting.