Chapter 74 (Lexi)

I left the guys alone in their trailer and went outside to answer the call. I knew what was coming. "WHY THE FUCK DID YOU TAKE MY BIKE" Andrei barked out. "Emergency" was all I got out. "Where are you?! Don't you dare drive it back. If you crash it I'll tie you to the Brooklyn bridge" he hissed. I rolled my eyes.

"It was an emergency! And apparently Dad gave orders that I'm not to leave the house without a chaperone, so they left me no choice" I told him. I know the guards snitched on me.

    "What's the emergency? You ran out of fucking tea?!" Andrei continued his asshole attitude that'll linger now for the rest of the night. "No dickwad, Liam O'Riley" I said.

The line went quiet for a beat. "Excuse me?" He asked me. He knows who I'm talking about; he's just wondering what the hell I have to do with it. I was about to explain, but it dawned on me that Anthony might wanna keep Italian business private. Maybe he wouldn't want my brother to know.

"What the fucks going on? Where are you, Aleksandra?" he asked right after. At the same time Anthony popped his head out. "Who is it?" He asked me. "Uh...my brother" I wasn't sure if Anthony would look pissed, but he didn't. "Which one?" He asked instead. "Your best buddy" I deadpanned.

"Good, tell him to get here as soon as possible" he surprised me with the response. "Uh, Andrei, I need you to come to a construction site."

-

I know the guys would have much rathered that I left, but I didn't, and they just went about their business. A man in a white van showed up and brought a case with him. I watched the man put a hair net on, gloves, and bend over Liam's unconscious body while he lifted his hands and started doing weird things that looked almost like taking prints. Then the man plucked a few hairs off Liam's head and zipped everything up.

    Is this like a killing job or something. What am I witnessing here?

The guys were off on their own talking and talking, waving their arms and cussing. Anthony had a flashdrive. I saw him hand it to Andrei. Liam was now zip tied at the wrists and cuffed to the metal pole outside the trailer. He's awake and saying all types of crazy shit.

"You can't kill me, you cunts, the video will go straight out to the police in every agency and bureau. You'll be finished!!" He hollered and spat beside his feet. "And what about you whore?" He turned his attention to me when he couldn't get a rise out of the guys.

"You're the one handcuffed and totally fucked. Who's the real whore?" I asked him deadpan.

He wasn't expecting it and his face flushed with anger. "Do you know what my people do with wasted cunts like yourself?" He hissed. I didn't flinch, but I didn't have to. Anthony came outta nowhere and knocked his jaw again. Liam groaned.

"You shut the fuck up or I'll stuff your filthy mouth" he warned him. That was unnecessarily attractive. I saw Andrei look between me and Anthony, then he turned to Enzo. "Aye, that's supposed to be your wife you're defending, no?" He reminded him kindly. Enzo scratched his head. "Oh, uh, I didn't hear what happened" he lied.

His natural instinct isn't to protect me. Anthony's is. 

"Did you call Dom?" Enzo switched subjects. "And what do we do with this fella?" Andrei kicked at the side of Liam's leg like he was moving roadkill around with a stick. Liam started cursing at him, but my brother loves other people's anger.

"What's the matter? Scared Dom's gonna do to you what he did to your big bro?" Andrei crouched down to Liam's eyeline and instigated. That's kinda horrible because his brother was murdered and his body was sent to Liam.. I can't imagine it.