Chapter 72 (Anthony)

Liam O'Riley and I have never actually met in person. But he knows exactly who I am, and I know exactly who he is. He hasn't shown his face since he threw a brick through Giana's front window, and planned the attacks on our safe houses. So what the fuck was he doing here?

Is he about to shoot me dead on a fucking construction site? Goddamnit.

He saw my recognition and also saw the placement of my hand. "Don't draw that weapon or I'll get you first" he warned me, showing he had his own gun unholstered, which means he'd have the better shot. I didn't remove my hand from the handle, but I didn't pull it out either. We were at a standstill here.

"What do you want?" I asked him, keeping my voice even. Never show nerves, or self doubt, or panic. Your heart can pump all it wants, but a good mobster is the one who never shows his hand first. Who always has the most control in the room. I let my gaze settle on little O'Riley.

Liam is pale skinned with very light eyelashes that makes it look like he doesn't have any. His brows are more reddish and better seen. He isn't particularly tall and he's soft all over. He isn't the type to work out.

He isn't that much younger than me, but still he carries a bit of a young face. Not a lot of facial hair maybe. Or it's the reddish cheeks. Reminds me of  a schoolboy or something.

Liam's knuckles were white against the gun, which means he's fisting it hard. He's nervous. He knows he's taking a risk coming into close quarters with me. "You people killed a lot of good men when you blew up the alley" his voice was a little shaky, but not with nerves it felt like instability.

"And you tried murdering women" I reminded him of his cowerdice. "Taking them, not killing them" he corrected me. "To do what? Throw a tea party?" I countered right back.

"Domani killed my brother" he told me in his slight accent. It's not Irish. I think it's being from Philly and New York in some hybrid mix. I nodded in acknowledgement. We both know that fact.

"He humiliated him then mutilated him" Liam started to get more specific. "And then he sent him to me...so yes, I wanted to steal his women, and I wanted to humiliate him and make him feel helpless when he couldn't get to his beloved in time" he said.

"And what's this gotta do with me pal?" I remained calm. He can shoot you at any second, but what can you do to try and avoid that? Think Rizzo.

"Dom isn't the one who blew up the alley though, is he?" He asked me in a knowing way. There's no way Liam could know I was involved in the explosion. He wasn't there. He smirked when he saw me trying to work it out in my head.

"Do you happen to have a computer here?" He asked me. What the fuck is this guy up to? I was uncomfortable. I wasn't sure where this was headed and I don't like uncertainty.

I nodded that I did have a laptop locked up in one of the drawers. He pulled out a USB and asked me to take the computer out. Stay calm, Rizzo. I knew my phone was in my pants pocket, but it would slide out easily enough if I was bent over to retrieve the computer. I could try to signal for backup.

"It's in the bottom drawer there. I've got the key right here" I held it up and made no sudden movements. Liam nodded for me to go ahead. My hand was off the handle of my gun now. I bent over and as I jimmied the lock to get the thing open I slid my phone into the opposite hand.

I slid it onto my lap, which was below the desk and unseen by Liam, where he still filled the doorway of the trailer. I made sure the ringer was off with my thumb and unlocked it quickly, while making a show of getting the computer. Multitasking at its finest.