Chapter 22 (Lexi)

I had a great meeting with my modeling agent today. The modeling agency I work for is technically from Russia, but of course they have agents all over the place, especially in fashion hubs like New York, so she's here.

Alyona Kuzmin.

She has slavic features. She can have a stick up her ass at times because she's very serious about her job. She is a good agent though. She's always looking for the next best thing, so even though she's constantly on my ass I know career wise that it's a good thing.

        There are a bunch of campaigns coming out for different brands like Urban outfitters and places like those where they're modern, hip, and trending right now. I could model their clothes and be in the magazines for their advertisements, which isn't crazy impressive, but it adds to my portfolio.

She mentioned other things. A makeup brand wanted to include my face in the new 'Milk' line. Whatever that means. Alyona had a lot to say all at once, so it was hard to take everything in, but she assured me she'll be emailing me all of this.

She had me set a schedule with her on a few castings, and already booked work, so I see how the start of the summer is gonna start looking, now that work in New York is coming in.

        I don't work every single day, but if I get stuck with no gigs for a while I end up taking odd jobs so I don't go literally broke waiting for modeling work.

I live off of the money left to me by my mother after she passed away. When I was forced back to Russia I did live in Viatly's house, and ate his food, but I didn't touch his money once I realized every ruble comes with a handcuff that clinks tighter and tighter the more you spend.

Nope. I left Vitaly's money and then I left Vitaly. For a short blissful amount of time I was free of him, and now he's back. Or will be soon.

-

        I'd been lounging on the sofa in my apartment until my roommate Chloe ended up getting home. I was about to escape so I wouldn't have to socialize, but she caught me. "Hey!" She said enthusiastically. She's nice. I have nothing against her. She just bores me. She makes water bubbler conversations if you get what I mean. No depth to it.

She asks how I am, I answer, she says a vague thing about her being good, she fills in an upcoming event or casting she'll have and inquire about mine.

I've always felt like she compares our career paths. Like she's tracking every job I do or don't get. I'm in no way competing with her. Good on her when she gets called back for gigs. I don't see the point in hoping others fail so you can succeed. We can both kick ass in the modeling industry for sure.

Maybe I'm being vain and none of that is true. She might not give a flying fuck how my career is going.

        When I sat up on the sofa she took that as an invitation for her to plop down beside me. "Are you in for the night?" She asked me. I pretty much always am. I nodded yeah and she leaned further into the couch, really getting comfortable.

"Do you think my hair looks like too much of a bowl cut now? I got it done today and I'm unsure how I feel about it" she looked at me. I glanced all around her head.

"I think bowl cut or no bowl cut you better own that shit. They don't want us to all look the same" I told her, leaning forward and pulling up a few strands here and there. 

"Rock the bowl cut. Got it" she gave me a rock and roll sign that made me snort a laugh.

        "Oh" I lifted my head higher on my neck and glanced around to remember where I put it. "A package came for you" I pointed a finger at the countertop. She perked up and popped off the couch to grab it.

Roses & RuinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara