PREVIEW

Intro (Anthony)

        Revenge is like a poison that spreads until it consumes. It can turn a person a shade darker than they thought they could ever be. 

Like when Domani De Luca, filled with rage and insanity, chained a man to the ceiling, beat and belittled him, fucking the man's ex fiance right there in front of him as an audience. Then he gutted him. Literally ripped his belly open and let the innards run out. 

That's what revenge can do to a person.

That's why I've been trying my damn hardest to keep Lexi from losing herself in this shock and grief after learning her father murdered her mother. She has the burning desire to retaliate and cause the most damage no matter the collateral of it. 

She's so hell bent on this I don't think she's even considering her own safety and well being. And that's where I come in. I'm her boyfriend. I'm supposed to be her life raft in all this. And believe me I'm trying.

        What scares me most is how uncommon a pair Lexi and Dom made when they teamed up against the Petrov men behind all our backs. People don't know, but I know. And anything involving Domani De Luca is always a bad idea. He isn't the influence I want around her right now, but I'm afraid I'm too late.

The sharp witty Lexi is fading before my eyes. I've been holding out my hand. I just need for her to take it.

-

Prologue (Lexi)

        "So...why did you call this sit down with me?" Dom intertwined his fingers on the tabletop across from me. The man was in an all black suit. A look I've seen him in almost every time I've ever seen him. His face is stern. Unmoving. But his eyes...they were curious.

"Because I need something from you, Dom." He arched a brow which I knew was him asking me what I needed from him of all people. "I need you to teach me," I told him. Now he really arched a brow, but I also piqued his interest.

"Teach you what?"

"How to be you" I let the statement linger before clarifying, "You're smart. You're dangerous. You have a head for business, but you also have a cold enough heart to be able to mow down anybody who gets in your way."

"And what do you need a skill like that for?" His voice is deep, dry like a barren desert. 

"Well, Dom...I'm going to destroy the Petrov empire...and then I'm going to murder my father." I hadn't said those words out loud to anyone other than my husband-boyfriend Anthony Rizzo. To say them to Domani De Luca made the idea more like a solidified promise now.

Dom didn't flinch at my words, but he didn't speak right away either. I'd say I just shocked Domani De Luca, or at least as much as someone can startle a man like him.

        "Well, that would be rather inconvenient for me" he was monotonous. " I know, which is the second reason why I called this sit down between us. I think I know a way to get both of us the things we want." There was a pause. Dom slid his arms off the table in front of him and leaned forward until his broad chest was against the edge of it.

"And what do you think that I want?"

I smirked, "What all you assholes want. Power, money, controlling new territories that'll expand your channel double, if not triple what Vitaly is giving you right now." Dom was quiet for a moment too long so I added, " Dom what would you do if someone murdered the person you love most in the world?" I watched his nostrils flare and his jaw jump with tension. The blue of his eyes became darker in color.