Chapter 7 (Lexi)

A small flutter came into my gut when the drinks ended and the lingering question of what might come next was thick between us, like hot air. I could really use a cigarette. It's a habit I don't always cater to, but the thought of giving myself over to this mysterious Anthony Rizzo character was giving me nerves I didn't think I'd have.

I'm not a shy girl or overly interested in impressing a man. I know where most of these nerves stem from though. It's the mere fact that if my father or brothers found out I let a man touch me that way they'd lose their damn minds. 

And who knows what would end up happening to me or poor Anthony Rizzo should they ever find out.

        I also worry about my inexperience. I know I carry myself like a self assured woman who probably rocks in the sack, but my deep dark secret is that I'm still a virgin. I had to be. It's what my father and brother's wanted. It's why Boris follows me around. 

Not for my safety, no. It's to keep me pure and for what reason? Because they want to use me as bait.

All those uncomfortable truths will come to a head once the Petrov men touch down in New York. The ticking clock above my head, that fills my ears, that keeps my gut perpetually clenched, is only getting louder. Closer.

          As Anthony and I left the hotel lobby we lingered for a second. I could feel him trying to read my body language to see if I was interested in screwing around with him. His large hand came to my hip and used the hold to pull me against him. With both hands on my hips my own hands naturally came up to his chest.

He feels firm. I know I wouldn't be disappointed at whatever lays beneath this white button down that clings to him in all the right places. Not overly tight in a douchebag way, just flatteringly sized. 

His suit the other day looked very well tailored, so I wasn't surprised. He looks expensive if you get what I mean. He isn't broke. I just know it.

Tonight he didn't let me touch my wallet at all. He tipped well and paid the whole bill with ease. New York bars ain't cheap, especially ones like this one.

        While Anthony held me to him he brought his mouth down against the shell of my ear. I shut my eyes and let his deep voice fill me.

"I want you," he whispered to me. I felt his hand come up and brush my hair over one shoulder. When I didn't protest I felt his lips press softly against my neck, just below the ear. It brought heat into my gut. I wanted to feel that again.

"How badly?" I whispered back, trying not to sound so affected. His touch against me did affect me though. Very much. I'm very attracted to this man. 

"So fucking badly" he didn't waste a second to think about it. Again his lips pressed against my neck before feathering up beyond my jaw to linger just above my lips.

        He paused for only a second to see if I'd move away, and when I didn't, his hand came up and cupped my face so quickly. I hadn't finished a breath before he captured my lips with his. Soft. We moved our mouths in unison at a slow deep pace. 

It was a kiss of exploration, while his lips felt over my full ones, and his tongue brushed against my bottom lip to ask permission to move past them.

Then it was his tongue exploring my mouth. His hand moved from cupping my face to fisting my hair. His pace quickened and our kissing deepened.

        "Aye, get the fuck outta the way" some guy complained in a heavy New York accent as he passed us on the sidewalk. We really were just standing in the middle of it. It caused me to pull away, but I could see the irritation come across Anthony's face.