1-3

Chapter 1: Return

Lincheng.

It was late summer and dark clouds shrouded the land. The air was humid and stuffy.

Business was bad for this coffee shop as it was deserted.

A pale and slender figure stood behind the counter.

The dim yellow light shone on her like the moonlight, covering her with shadows.

Her head was hung low, and the front of her hair was let down. Her straight nose and lashes that were as black as crow’s feathers could be barely seen.

Her white and silky skin was a little pale, but it was unbelievably smooth as if her whole person seemed to be glowing.

A person with a babyface walked toward her after she was done keeping all the tableware.

“Little Li, I heard that you’re leaving tomorrow?”

Ning Li nodded softly.

“Yeah.”

“Then it’ll be hard for us to meet again…”

Babyface sighed as she hesitated to continue.

They all knew that Ning Li grew up with her grandmother since she was a child.

However, Ning Li’s grandmother passed away due to a heart attack two weeks ago.

Thus, her custody was given to her mother.

No one knew that her mother was still alive and that she even married into a wealthy family. Moreover, her mother was in Yunzhou now, which was only an hour away from Lincheng.

“Your mother must be missing you after not meeting you for so many years,” Babyface uttered dully.

Suddenly, Ning Li stopped and lifted her eyes.

She had a pair of extremely gorgeous almond eyes where the inner corners were pointy and the outer corners were slightly lifted upward. Her eyes looked clean and clear. Her pupils were dark and deep like the night, adding a touch of coldness to them.

Ning Li lifted her lips, and there were ripples of light deep inside her eyes. She then spoke in a gentle tone, “Maybe.”

If her mother really missed her even just a little, she would not have hidden from her for so many years.

Her father, Ning Haizhou, was just an ordinary guy from a normal family background. Due to his handsome appearance, he was able to coax Su Yuan to marry him.

Nonetheless, it did not last long. After their marriage, Ning Haizhou was jobless and unambitious. Su Yuan could not put up with such a horrible life, so she filed for divorce and left the family when Ning Li was six years old.

A month after Su Yuan left, Ning Haizhou was sentenced to life imprisonment because he was drunk driving and got involved in a hit-and-run which took away somebody’s life.

Since then, it was just Ning Li and her grandmother.

If her grandmother had not passed away all of a sudden, Ning Li felt that she would never get a chance in her life to meet Su Yuan again.

Surely, no one would fancy a burden like Ning Li.

Everybody knew the reason. However, Ning Li only desired love from her family in her previous life, which was dumb and naive of her. She was disfigured, shamed, lost everything, and her reputation was tarnished. Finally, she was locked in a sanatorium for a year and met her end there.

However, Ning Li realized she was turned back into a 17-year-old when she woke up once again.

Luckily, everything was just getting started.