28-30

Chapter 28: First Place? Congratulations

Wei Songze grinned. “Mr. Yu sure does have sharp eyes. I asked my friend to modify the painting for me.”

Huatsing Cup allowed its participants to modify the painting but only to a certain extent, so the score would still be counted towards Wei Songze’s results.

However, even though it was just a few strokes, it changed the painting’s meaning completely.

Yu Pingchuan had to admit that the person who modified the painting had excellent mastery over shadow, light, and color. Otherwise, it would be impossible to modify a painting to this extent within such a short time.

Compared to Wei Songze’s painting, Ye Ci’s painting felt empty and stiff.

It was no longer a simple win and lose as both paintings were not on the same level.

One of the judges suddenly said with surprise, “Huh? Mr. Yu, this person’s technique and style somehow feel similar to yours.”

For a moment, his words captured the attention of the other judges.

The few of them got closer and sized up the painting better. A while later, they realized what the other judge said was true.

The details of the painting were rather similar to Yu Pingchuan’s style.

However, the person who modified the painting went for a wilder, more freestyle technique.

“It seems like your little friend is rather unusual.” Zhan Qing then glanced over Yu Pingchuan and asked, “Mr. Yu, is Wang Yan back?”

Yu Pingchuan’s standards were very high, hence he only had one disciple, Wang Yan, but Wang Yan should not be in Yunzhou at the moment.

Yu Pingchuan shook his head. “No.”

The judges looked at each other in confusion.

Yu Pingchuan was reluctant to reveal any more details about his disciple. He switched the topic back to the competition and said, “Let’s rate the painting.”

Once the rating for the last painting was determined, the first place of Huatsing Cup would also follow.

The first judge revealed the score.

The audience was shocked when they saw it because it was the highest score yet in the competition — a perfect score!

Even Ye Ci’s painting only scored one perfect score out of the seven judges.

Ye Ci clenched her fists nervously as a bad feeling rose from her heart.

That particular judge was known for his harsh criticism and even Ye Ci did not get a perfect score from him.

If that judge was convinced, then it would mean…

The second judge also revealed the score.

The audience was silenced once again because it was also a perfect score.

By the look of it, the painting had already beaten Ye Ci.

As long as the other judges continued to give out a high score, then the first place would…

The smile on Su Yuan’s face froze and she unconsciously sat up straight.

The other judges also revealed their scores one after another.

The entire hall plunged into silence.

Out of seven judges, five of them gave a perfect score.

Even though Yu Pingchuan and Zhan Qing did not follow the perfect score spree, the score they gave was quite high as well.