463-465

Chapter 463: Yanhui Peak

Ning Li lowered her head slightly and did not speak.

She had not expected Lu Huaiyu to say this.

Ning Haizhou had been in prison for ten years, while she and her grandmother had lived together for those same ten years.

During those years, Ning Haizhou had almost been a taboo subject that could not be mentioned in the family.

That drunken accident that had led to the death of someone was like a nightmare that had haunted them for years, and they could not get rid of it.

She played with Lu Huaiyu’s hands.

They were long and slender, with distinct knuckles.

This man had been born cold and noble. The heavens seemed to favor him especially, that even his hands were so good-looking.

He was like the bright moon in the clouds, hard to reach.

Now, however, he had said that he would go to see Ning Haizhou with her.

Ning Li could barely imagine it.

Her lips moved, wanting to refuse.

The words were on the tip of her tongue, but she could not bring herself to say it.

In fact, he had seen her while she was at her most pathetic.

However, he was still here, hugging her and coaxing her gently and patiently.

When the moon came for her, she could not reject him.

After a long time, she leaned against his neck and gently rubbed herself against it.

“Okay.”

This action made Lu Huaiyu think of the time when she had been drunk, and her whole body had been soft and delicate.

He could not help but smile.

“Okay.”

The next day, Gu Tinglan was the one who drove.

He had traveled to and from Lincheng several times and stayed here for a long time. Compared to Gu Siyang, he knew this place better.

The small group had strolled around the city for almost the whole day.

It was not until five o’clock in the evening that they slowly made their return.

Gu Siyang sat in the passenger seat and looked in the rearview mirror from time to time. He kept sighing silently.

Lu Huaiyu naturally noticed it, but he was not bothered.

From the beginning to the end, his attitude remained calm and composed, as if Gu Siyang was not a person at all.

Gu Siyang felt so stifled that he could only open the window and look outside.

Seeing a mountain peak at the edge of the city in the distance, he asked casually, “Ning Li, that’s Yanhui Peak, right?”

Hearing this, Lu Huaiyu raised his eyelids slightly, his eyes deep.

Gu Tinglan’s hand that was holding the steering wheel also paused slightly.

Ning Li did not notice it. She followed Gu Siyang’s line of sight and nodded.

“Yes.”

Lincheng was a small city. At the edge of the city, there were a few small hills that rose and fell.