70-72

Chapter 70: She Doesn’t Take Notes?

Cheng Xiyue’s sounded rather optimistic, so Gu Tinglan did not further comment on the matter although he had other thoughts deep down.

If Ning Li and Lu Huaiyu’s taxi had not narrowly escaped a car crash and Lu Huaiyu had not seen the crash, Gu Tinglan might have agreed with Cheng Xiyue.

But…

Gu Tinglan stared at the news article that he had pulled up on his laptop. The article was about the crash that Ning Li and Lu Huaiyu had seen earlier. He had searched online for it after hearing Cheng Xiyue’s description.

The collision of the two cars resulted in chaos erupting.

Even though the pictures had mosaics over them, the heavily injured driver and passenger were still visible. Needless to say, it was a very gory scene.

If one saw it with his own eyes, it might have had an even bigger impact on him.

Lu Huaiyu had been in the rear seat of the taxi that time, so he must have gotten a good look.

Moreover, even if he had been truly asleep, he would have noticed something when someone entered his mansion.

The only hope that Cheng Xiyue had for Lu Huaiyu’s condition to stay dormant was Ning Li. However, that was exactly what Gu Tinglan was worried about.

He closed his laptop with a heavy expression.

On the next day, Ye Ci finally returned to school.

Su Yuan tried to persuade her to take a few more days to rest, but Ye Ci insisted on returning to school. The third-year curriculum was packed, and she had already missed two classes of competitive Physics.

The moment she appeared in class, Lin Zhouyang came up to her.

“Ye Ci, how are you feeling?”

“I’m fine. My mother is so paranoid that she insisted on me getting a full-body check-up.”

“You should, to be honest. Those internal injuries are difficult to spot at first. Having a full-body check-up will ease everyone’s mind, am I right?”

Lin Zhouyang suddenly got frustrated. “If it was not for that b*stard Ding Xi…”

He never liked Ding Xi from the start, and now after what the guy had done to Ye Ci, the hatred only grew stronger.

“It’s not entirely his fault as well. It was just an accident.” Ye Ci seemed to keep an open mind towards the incident, even appearing to have forgiven Ding Li.

With a frown, Ling Zhouyang felt rather uncomfortable.

If it was not for Ding Xi trying to bully Ning Li, everything that came after that would not have happened. No matter how sour Ning Li and Ye Ci’s relationship were, they were still family living under one roof, after all.

Ding Xi did not think about the trouble he would have caused Ye Ci when he tried to start a fight with Ning Li.

At that point, Pei Song came into the class. He slung his bag on one side of his shoulder, and his uniform was buttoned to the highest. His eyes were as cold and indifferent as ever.

Lin Zhouyang curiously went up to him. “Hey, Brother Pei, did you get lectured by your parents after the parent-teacher meeting yesterday?”

Pei Song had ranked first for two years in a row, but Ning Li’s arrival pushed him down from his throne, which was quite a rare occurrence. Any normal person would have felt angry or even slightly jealous about it.