442-444

Chapter 442: Alcohol Tolerance

The corners of Ning Li’s lips curled up.

“Really? That’s quite a coincidence.”

He Xiaochen sighed.

“Sigh, it’s my mom’s fault for giving birth to me early!”

Ning Li’s phone lit up.

She looked down and saw that it was actually a WeChat message from Old Master Lu.

He congratulated her on reaching the end of her college entrance exam and he asked her to have fun during this period of time. Finally, he had even sent a red packet as well.

Ning Li pursed her lips into a smile and opened the red packet.

Two hundred dollars.

[ Thank you, Grandpa Lu. ]

...

Capital City, Lu family.

Old Master Lu held his phone and felt a headache coming on.

“Qingyun, how come this red packet can only send out two hundred dollars?”

He had studied it for a long time, but in the end... this was it?

Fang Qingyun did not know whether to laugh or cry:

“Old Master, it’s the same for everyone. If you really want to give more, you can transfer the money, but I don’t think Ah Li will accept it.”

Old Master Lu thought about it and felt that it was probably true.

The last time he had given Ah Li a big red packet, it had been under the pretext of giving her money for the New Year celebrations.

How could this be counted now?

Giving a small red packet was a kind gesture. If it was too much, that child probably would not accept it.

“Sigh.”

Old Master Lu sighed.

“It’s all because Huaiyu didn’t live up to expectations!”

If he gave this to his granddaughter-in-law, wouldn’t he be able to give her as much as he wanted?

Fang Qingyun, “...”

He coughed and said,?“This... Old Master, Ah Li has already finished her college entrance exam and her birthday is not far away. Don’t worry. Second Master likes Ah Li so much.”

Old Master Lu snorted.

“Even if he likes Ah Li, it’ll only work if Ah Li likes him too!”

He said wistfully, “I wonder if that kid is that fortunate...”

...

Food Monk.

This restaurant was famous for its good taste and good service. Although the price was a little high, business had always been good for them.

When Ning Li and the others entered, the waiting area at the door was almost full.

Fortunately, Ren Qian had already booked a private room, so they could go in straight away.

Everyone took their seats and shouted for Ning Li to order.

Ning Li took the menu, ordered a few signature dishes, and handed it to He Xiaochen.

Messages kept coming from her phone, basically congratulating her on the end of her college entrance exam.

Wei Songzhe had gone out for a barbecue with his underlings and sent her a few photos.